Caribou Gear

Turkey Week

Nut

Well I will try and do the highlights over the 9 days of hunting we did.

LittleNut was the one who had the best excitement when he hunted with Vipe. They heard a turkey gobbling away up above camp after they dropped me off at another area. (Vipe had a headache). Well LN got Mom to go up the hill and she was doing a good job at calling. The turkey sounded like it was getting closer. So Vipe told LN to get next to her on a steep slope. But LN thought they should get closer. MISTAKE! After LN took a couple of steps the gobbler showed up right above him at around 10 yards. They stared at each other and then the tom took off.
biggrin.gif

The gobbler I could have gotten was when we was walking down the road to get to a couple areas where I believed there were gobblers on the roost. Well right when I get ready to step off the road there was one within my shotgun range. I even raised my gun up and had the gobbler dead to rights. But it is illegal to shoot from the road and the kids were watching I showed them what the right thing to do was.
wink.gif

There were many other close calls that was fun and then hunts that were interrupted by shroomers and other hunters. Then there was the doe that was spooked by a turkey decoy. The yote that was not quite within range of a shotgun. The groudhogs that had me playing like Bill Murray in caddyshack
shhh.gif
( I did kill 2 of em
hump.gif
)

In the end I would not trade it for ALMOST ANYTHING.

I cant wait til the weekend to do it again for 2 days

biggrin.gif

I called in some hens last weekend. What's a shroomer? Pretty good stories. I didn't see or here a gobble, but those hens came looking for me when I gobbled. haha Its gobbler only season though. When I sat up straight to get a good look at them, they saw me move and left, no gobblers near me.

Yep all in all it was a great week.

Tom a shroomer is a mushroomer they go out to look for them in the woods when the hunters are out there.
mad.gif
mad.gif

sounds like you had a great time nut,and that's what counts!

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back