Turkey Poop

Deckerp

I am hoping some of you could give me some insight into aging turkey poop. Got out opening morning and got a few gobbles (which already made it a good day for me here along the front range in colorado) but seemed like he immediately headed in the other direction after fly down. Later on I found a ridge with many many roosting trees and tons of poop. This was lighter in color and with no white as I have seen previously. Any insights on aging poop and other poop characteristics? (Other than the shape and gender - all this appeared to be tom/male droppings). Either a few birds have been roosting in this area for awhile or many birds. Plan to get back to this spot before sun rise soon but wanting to know if this could be fairly old and they moved on or not.

I've seen sites like you describe on the Front Range before too. I have not been able to determine the age and use either. The first time I found an area like this I was pretty stoked because there were tracks as well as scat but I never did scare up any turkeys there.

I've noticed turkey's will rotate through a bunch of different roosting spots. I would imagine you found a popular spot, one that they will likely use again at some point but I don't think there is a good way to predict if they will be back on any given day.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back