Tundra Swan

Foxtrot1

I just picked up my tundra swan from the taxidermist. It took the guy 5 years to finish the mount. Most of that he wouldn't answer the phone, return letters, or keep any kind of regular shop hours. I'm glad to get it back, I had pretty much written it off. I will never take another bird to wild about fowl taxidermist. It is a shame, because the guy is very talented. But I won't work with a guy that I have to question whether I can find him or if I'll get my mount back. image.jpegimage.jpg

We hunted these in coastal North Carolina. It's a lottery system for 1 tag per season. It was kind of a bucket list hunt and I am not sure I'll ever do it again. It was amazing watching them come in. They have 7' wing spans and looked like small planes approaching for landing.

I believe in giving a taxi a year before ever calling them to ask, but 5 years was too long to wait, especially with no response from the taxidermist. I can tell you that, most hate working on swans, and that may have been why. But if that is the case, refuse to take any in.

Regardless, I like the mount, that does look good. I live in NC, and did kill one in '92 and have no plans on hunting them anymore. Like you said, it was one of those bucket list things.

My tundra swan took 4 years to get mounted...........but that's my fault, I'm the taxidermist. My trophies are always last, or never. I still need to make the base for it. I'll post up a pic when it's finished.

Nice mount, I did mine flying, kinda my showpiece. I may do another like yours.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back