Trying Again

George P

charliebr.jpg

This is a guy I guided in NH this fall with his bear.Treed by Whiskey,Boone,Magic and spot.Pretty good story on this one when I get a chance.First bear guy had ever even seen.He kind of went into shock when he saw the treed bear 30 ft up looking at him. Bear freaked out and came right out on us.Wounded bear,2 trees and a bayup makes a good story!!!!

This is myself and my Boone dog.He sounds just like he looks in the picture !!Loud Loud Loud !!!
meboone2.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ November 17, 2001 16:24: Message edited by: George P ]</font>

Nice pics George.I know without askin that ya can sure tell when Boone's on the wood.Hopin to get together with you and Dale and run a cat in the future.Wont be long now man.Take care

Nice pics George. I've been trying to get one or two treed before they go in, but have not had much luck. Ran one yesterday for a good ways, but they lost him in some cliffs. I think the only bears out now are the boars and they are getting hard to find.

Hey George,
Nice pics. Boones a good looker....lots better than the guy standing bye him..lol
You guys bout ready for cat season? Our Bobcat season starts this wednesday..damm wish it would snow some. Then Lion season starts a couple weeks later...good luck and keep the pics comin...

Catman, youre right about Boone being better looking than the guy behind him.And thats a good picture of me too!!!I would say Boone is about the best looking bear hound I have ever owned.I never really cared much about looks.I figure if they are treeing bear they looks good but it is sure easy to look at them in the pen or truck when they have that good houndly look to them.
The little black spotted dog out front is Magic.She won a contest this year in Maine.Ugliest dog running and treeing a bear in Maine that day.Tobey thought he had me with his Maypo dog but Magic won a close race !!!!She looks part bluetic,plott and cur.But she sure looked good 15 ft up some trees trying to bite a bears butt.
Our cat season opens Dec 1. Hope we get some snow too.I sold Tobey my cat dog whiskey and havent heard from him since.LOL.Hope one of these supposed to bes turns out like they were described on cats.

George,
Yup I know what you mean. Sounded like that Whiskey dog is A+ quality so I bet Tobey is ok to feeding her.lol
Well good luck on your cat season and I hope those dogs are everything they're sposed to be and more.

George what are you doing to that dog????????
Now wipe that chit eating grin of your face LOL.Isen't there a law about that.I sure wish winter would get here.Nice Pic's George.
I will be calling when it snowes.

Tobey, Thats just the face of a guy who spent alot of money for a bear dog and had just seem him do as advertised for the first time.I bought another coyote dog to run with Diamond.Sounds like they should make a good pair.I am trying to get her here from Pa right now.
I am going to try and show you what Boone was looking at in that picture.
bigbear.jpg

Great pictures George. For some reason I thought it was suppose to be cold in NH. Not out hunting w/ the leaves green and in a T-shirt...:D

Great pics George, I really need to invest in a good telephoto lense cammera, this digital I got has no zoom, takes good pics of dogs on the tree etc, but anything you try to take in the tree looks 2 miles away and not visible, I got alot of video and am trying to get pics off of those now with a program but there not very clear... Cat season opens here sunday and the weatherman is calling for snow sat and sun...should be good, if it rains ohh well I need to get out and road these dogs they been going bonkers for awhile from being put up to long.

Boomer.Those pics were taken in August during training season.We have plenty of hot weather then.Even when kill season opens in Maine it can get hot.This year season opened on Sept10.I never even got a run that day.The temp was 97 when I got home that afternoon.Whole first week was like that.It stunk really bad.
Gatoman,I know just what you mean about not being able to see the bears in the tree.The above bear was an honest 15 to 20 feet up.I dont have a telephoto lens either but wish I did.That pic was taken with a tiny little Advantix film camera.It is the best picture I ever got of a treed bear.I took a whole roll at that tree.That was the third time that bear treed that morning.First 2 times we watched him come out right into the dogs.An awesome sight for sure with nobody getting hurt.On this tree he was beat and wouldnt come out for anything so we got a bunch of good pictures.You got any pics of treed lions or cats??I am hoping to get some this winter.

I got video george thats about it, got pics of dogs at tree, dead cat etc, but even last yr I climbed a few trees to get a close up and still did'nt come out good, matter fact the best one I thought I took of bobcat, got home and downloaded them I could;nt even find the cat in the pic, kinda like wheres waldo. Catmans got a real nice cammera, dang lense pops out about 2 foot long, hes got pics of there nostrils and eyeballs.....lol it zooms right in. I always have the fear of loosing or breaking a real good cammera, couple winters ago i had a nice cammera fall out of my backpack, retraced my steps and never found it, found my pistol though so that was a +, Maybe I get brave again and go buy me another nice one.

George,
Don't let Gato fool ya...he has some pics...his trouble is that he catches so damm many he can't afford film for em all..lol That guy does do some huntin.What I didn't tell Gato was most of the pics I have....I took real close up to the covers of magazines and stuff....They did turn out pretty good though :D :D

Back