Trump Tweets Support For LWCF.

FarawayGratefulEnglishpointer-size_restricted.gif

I’m sorry

It was still a lot less than the money he would lose if Bernie somehow became president. I despise Bloomberg, but that was a smart play by him.

Last edited:
From the op's article

The press conference held an air of positivity and bipartisanship rarely seen in these divided times. There is great optimism that coming legislation will move quickly from the Senate to the House to the president’s desk for a signature. Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia might have said it best: “Politics be damned, let’s just get it done.”

From the op's article

The press conference held an air of positivity and bipartisanship rarely seen in these divided times. There is great optimism that coming legislation will move quickly from the Senate to the House to the president’s desk for a signature. Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia might have said it best: “Politics be damned, let’s just get it done.”

And the Vichy Gov't. really represented the will of the French People. ;)

There have been bills to do this for the last 7 years at least. That's when Rob Bishop decided to try and kill LWCF andthe GOP was going to go along with it until there was a huge uprising against letting LWCF die. The Fund did die for a time, in fact, as the GOP led congress failed to renew it in time.

I'm glad to see Trump change course on this one issue related to conservation. If that means we have to constantly hold the threat of losing your job over the head of our senators then so be it. But to think that this represents a growth in the heart of the administration towards public land, sportsmen or conservaton ignores their track record & their current plans to eliminate wildlife standards on over 60 million acres of public land.

Garnder is likely toast in CO. Daines is underwater & really not well liked in MT. This is about trying to keep them in the senate. Manchin is an opportunist who never loses votes by sucking up to the GOP.

BTW - Tester has had this bill in congress for a helluva long time without Daine's support (which only happened in 2015 after massive blowback for his shitty votes on the issue), with the GOP stopping it the whole time.

That sounds like great news! Am I supposed to be pissed that Trump voiced support for an issue I care about even though he doesn't really believe in it? Should I give back my 3% federal employee raise because Trump didn't want us to have it? I'd have to be pretty naive to think most politicians are motivated by anything beyond self-preservation. But a win is a win, folks.

If you say so Ben.

I do. We have an administration that elimiated protections for the air we breathe & the water we drink. They have the distinction of being the administration with the largest rollback of conservation designations in the history of the United States. They have leased key wildlife migration areas at fire-sale prices, which preclude management options to improve wildlife habitat. Yet we'll all galdly clap that we get the easiest lift possible done after a decade of beating the shit out of these people.

Maybe I'm prickly, but I'm damned tired of having to fight our own government to have a decent place to live. I'm glad that this is being done, but to paint this as some great move for conservation ignores the entirety of what's happening in this nation when it comes to the conservation of public lands, wildlife and resources.

You know how many times I have heard it will be FULLY FUNDED in the last 35 years?
I'm breathless in one twit...........

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back