Trudeau Puts Freeze On Handguns

With the argument of “if you’re old enough to serve in the military…” It’s important that we don’t over look the reasons we allow people to serve in the military so young.

At 17-18, these men and women are still highly impressionable and mentally immature, but their bodies are still strong and getting stronger. The perfect combination for fighting a war. The human mind isn’t fully developed until 26-27 years of age. That’s part of why young adults often act irrationally, or as if they’re invincible. They literally can’t think on a more rational level yet. There’s plenty of research out there on how how the brain develops and how ways of thinking develop with it. It’s pretty fascinating stuff.

Once that brain is developed, they’re harder to manipulate. Also, by time you’re nearly 30 your body is more likely to have sustained injuries. Neither of which are helpful for forming into soldiers that you need to charge into enemy fire with 100lbs on your shoulders.

Bottom line being, just because you’re old enough to serve in the military does not mean you’re old enough for anything and everything.

So what’s your stance on voting by those young folks?

kind of makes me sad that the USA has a president that doesn't understand the history of the Constitution and the laws that were in place when it was established

his recent comment (three days ago) that when the Constitution was established you "couldn't own cannons" was very wrong - extremely wrong - back then you could own any weapon you could afford. Many a frontier "store" or encampment was protected by small (and large) cannons.

I mean dang, if you're gonna argue something, at least have your facts right
Do you even have to have a special permit for a cannon today?
I feel like you could buy one of those shits at a garage sale or antique shop.

I'll say it, I'd be thrilled if the voting age was increased to 24 or so, as long as the draft enrollment was canceled and there was an exemption for active military or veterans.

I was an idiot in my late teens and early 20's. I'm probably still kind of stupid. But I definitely understand more about how the world works now.

Last edited:
I'll say it, I'd be thrilled if the voting age was increased to 24 or so, as long as the draft enrollment was canceled and there was an exemption for active military or veterans.

I was an idiot in my late teens and early 20's. I'm probably still kind of stupid. But I definitely understand more about the world works now.
Anybody who thinks they weren't an idiot then compared to now is probably still an idiot.

That’s a trickier one. Since we’ve deemed that we need them to fight our wars, it only seems fair that they ought to have the opportunity to have a say in who has the power to send them to war. Personally, I’d rather the voting age be at least 21, but I take some comfort knowing that these young folks are the age group that is least like to actually vote anyway. I myself never voted once during my time in the army.

The other side I feel like if something was to be done it will get taken advantage of. Then we are all worse off then we were in the first place.

This is probably why I have always been an Independent.
I relate to that as an Independent myself.
As far as being worse off, firearms training and employment after over thirty years wearing the US Army uniform, with two tours in Vietnam, having owned and shot firearms since even before I can remember (early on with Dad's close supervision), and having actively hunted (still do) for over sixty years ... I can honestly and with close analysis state that none of the proposed "gun laws" seriously introduced recently would limit my rights, my hunting, or my firearms ownership even one iota!

I relate to that as an Independent myself.
As far as being worse off, firearms training and employment after over thirty years wearing the US Army uniform, with two tours in Vietnam, having owned and shot firearms since even before I can remember (early on with Dad's close supervision), and having actively hunted (still do) for over sixty years ... I can honestly and with close analysis state that none of the proposed "gun laws" seriously introduced recently would limit my rights, my hunting, or my firearms ownership even one iota!
You talking about the "proposals" laid out this evening? Yeah, I guess if it doesn't affect you and what you like to do with firearms it's not a problem. And, there is the problem. mtmuley

I'd be curious how many find an IFAK kit as "overkill" for some to carry when hunting? Really, how many people carry a professional tourniquet in your hunt first aid kit?

I carry an IFAK (modified) on my outdoor adventures. I don't believe it's overkill... It's a weight I'm willing to carry to save myself or another, as I do my firearm. I don't find it sad one opts to not carry a firearm. I find it to be their choice. A choice I respect.
I used to tote along an IFAK every day in Afghanistan and I couldn’t agree more with you. Knowing I had a CAT and Quickclot, granules, made me feel available to support. I still go hunting with a CAT and a trimmed version of the IFAK that once was…

This is what happens when you mainstream and promote mental illness.

There’s a local school that put a litter box in the girls bathroom because a girl thinks she’s a cat and uses that to go to the restroom.

We need to stop enabling crazy and actually send them to doctors to help. This whole gender dysphoria thing falls into that realm. Unless we address the mental health of these kids nothing will change.
Late to the party but this post holds some real significance into some of the problems out there.

Two days ago at a birthday dinner for my in laws I learned it is acceptable for kids to now be open and classify themselves as an animal. Whatever they choose to be. They EVEN HAVE A NAME AND GROUP. THE FURRIES.... WHAT IN THE ACTUAL HELL IS THAT. My niece who is in 6th grade has two in her class ones a cat and the other is a dog. This is no shit, they have special bathroom times and the kid whose a dog wears a collar and a leash. His mom walks him in..... forgive me but, kids in my class would've gotten their ass kicked.

We pulled our kids last year from public school, best decision I've made as a parent I know that.

If that's how these young folks are starting their lives out they're setup for failure from day 1. Which leads to extremely unfortunate events and more and more bs, trying to correct it.

I'm scared for this world if it makes it another 100 years it'll be pure luck.

Late to the party but this post holds some real significance into some of the problems out there.

Two days ago at a birthday dinner for my in laws I learned it is acceptable for kids to now be open and classify themselves as an animal. Whatever they choose to be. They EVEN HAVE A NAME AND GROUP. THE FURRIES.... WHAT IN THE ACTUAL HELL IS THAT. My niece who is in 6th grade has two in her class ones a cat and the other is a dog. This is no shit, they have special bathroom times and the kid whose a dog wears a collar and a leash. His mom walks him in..... forgive me but, kids in my class would've gotten their ass kicked.

We pulled our kids last year from public school, best decision I've made as a parent I know that.

If that's how these young folks are starting their lives out they're setup for failure from day 1. Which leads to extremely unfortunate events and more and more bs, trying to correct it.

Draw odds on the furries tags? Asking for a friend. (Actually asking for my kids)

Draw odds on the furries tags? Asking for a friend. (Actually asking for my kids)
Another fun fact for you. Today the local news reports that the City of Billings has 19 yes 19 officers on administrative leave due to officer involved shootings.

Which is the equivalent of an entire shift of officers on duty in Billings.

See something wrong with that picture......

Now, there's some discussions going around about our police being too defensive.....

Does the dog chase the cat?

You talking about the "proposals" laid out this evening?
'Don't know about them.
I'm referring to background checks, increased gun show sales scrutiny, legitimate vetted red flag laws, no bump stocks, increased scrutiny responsibility, accountability of assault "military type" weapons, increased counseling and mental health services, increased education and training regarding firearms safety and security (like NRA used to do back in the day), to name a few.

And, there is the problem. mtmuley
My background and use of firearms is not a problem, nor is it unusual or atypical. I would say anyone's infatuation with bump stocks is unusual, as an example.
Your implying that I have a closed mind and a problematic attitude says more about your attitude than mine, sad to say.

Another fun fact for you. Today the local news reports that the City of Billings has 19 yes 19 officers on administrative leave due to officer involved shootings.

Which is the equivalent of an entire shift of officers on duty in Billings.

See something wrong with that picture......

Now, there's some discussions going around about our police being too defensive.....
It's all #@)(*%* the whole things #@)(*%*. Wth I'll split the jet boat with ya. Let's get this done before the whole damn thing implodes.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Heard from a friend who was at a local school graduation that one of the kids that graduated, who was dressed like and claimed to be a cat during the ceremony. Actually petitioned the school at one point throughout the year to have litter boxes put in the bathrooms.

I feel bad for the kids who have to put up with this stuff in the classrooms.

I don’t know if this world can make it another 20yrs at the rate we are going now. Super sad.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back