MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Truck broken into in W CO, please keep an eye out for this gear together on other classifieds

davinski

Not selling, but if you're looking here, odds are you're like me and you cruise other classifieds, FB martketplace, etc. All of this was stolen from my truck last night in Mesa County, CO. I rolled in about 11:00p.m. from 10 days in the Gros Ventre Wilderness in WY and figured I'd unpack this morning. Someone beat me to it. Anyway, if you happen to see any items like these, together in the same place, please let me know. I doubt anyone smart would peddle the stuff in the same town they stole it, but it could show up anywhere. The good news is that my dirty laundry very likely qualifies as a biohazard! This is just the list I sent to the Sheriffs office copied and pasted, I'm not too excited about the little things, but that tent stings a bit. I sure did like that alpaca wool gaiter too. Thanks in advance.

I did have a blast and got an elk, working on a proper post for that!

Seek Outside 6 man tipi tent, tan, 2 doors, black bag w/pole, stakes, bright multicolored paracord on the guy outs, stakes
Air mattress, Klymit, black/gray
Mesh Cot, blue Thermarest, lightweight, blue bag
Eberlestock Just One Backpack, camo, faded on top, main compartment zipper half blown out
Compass, black plastic
Garmin Inreach Mini sat beacon, orange
Joby bluetooth flex tripod/clicker remote for phone camera, black/red
MSR water filter, black/red
Sitka Gear camo, gore tex shell jacket 2XL
Hammock, grand trunk, black kryptik camo, double sized
Enos Ultralight Tree straps for hammock, gray
Outdoor Edge folding knife, orange, replaceable blade type
IFAK (camo) with
Readers, foldup, in a small plastic case
Bandage, military
Clotting sponge
Tourniquet
Medical Scissors
Hemostat

Smartwool beanie hat, green/orange reversible
Camo hat, UnderArmor
Weekly pill keeper
REI carbon light trekking poles, black/orange pair
Tan rubber gear 18” twist tie
Orange lighter
Garmin Fenix 3 GPS watch with weathered black metal clamp band

Alpaca wool neck gaitor, thick, green, gray, yellow
2 rechargeable usb batteries
New leather mittens with liners, still tagged
Sunscreen
Orange vest, Browning brand, 2 elk teeth in right pocket

Kennetrek camo gaiters

Clothes (dirty/smelly/jokes on them) bag, green nylon
UA long underwear
5 pair smartwool socks
Patagonia T shirt
Nike T shirt
Sitka Gear mountain pants, brown, 38 reg
First Lite black zip hoodie, 2XL, left arm zip pocket, a bit holy from too many campfire sparks

Clothes bag gray nylon
First light baselayer ¾ length bottoms, black
Gray wool longsleeve T
Cabelas nylon/leather gloves winter

Last edited:
Man I can't believe people, hope you catch those pieces of shit. Congrats on the bull, will keep my eyes open.

The best Garmin could do for me was lock them up from use. Their web site says that they encourage law enforcement to contact them in these cases. I suspect there is some gee whizzery that could be done if someone fires it up, but they don't let that out as public knowledge. One big problem is that, with the current state of things, property crime is the bottom of all LE priorities. I suspect that's a nationwide thing.

I had an inreach stolen along with a mountain of gear as well. In my case the guys that stole it were even dumb enough to send messages from within a house to a cell phone, using someone's first name. I was able to log in to my inreach account online and see where these messages were coming from.

Even with all that, law enforcement claimed to not be able to do anything about it, and never even went and knocked on the door to ask questions.

That was in British Columbia though, so I'd hope it'd be a different outcome if it happened in the States.
Probably even less of an outcome.

Sorry davinski...hope you get some insurance relief.

We had our office broken into a few years ago but I'm pretty sure the alarm scared em off before they could load up on hock'ables...one of the perps lost their wallet among the broken glass....lived right around the corner. We gave it to a detective whom I had to call for a follow up. He told me they said they didn't do it...case closed.

Guess they needed to destroy our entry more than our company needed to maintain it.

It's the new way...

Not selling, but if you're looking here, odds are you're like me and you cruise other classifieds, FB martketplace, etc. All of this was stolen from my truck last night in Mesa County, CO. I rolled in about 11:00p.m. from 10 days in the Gros Ventre Wilderness in WY and figured I'd unpack this morning. Someone beat me to it. Anyway, if you happen to see any items like these, together in the same place, please let me know. I doubt anyone smart would peddle the stuff in the same town they stole it, but it could show up anywhere. The good news is that my dirty laundry very likely qualifies as a biohazard! This is just the list I sent to the Sheriffs office copied and pasted, I'm not too excited about the little things, but that tent stings a bit. I sure did like that alpaca wool gaiter too. Thanks in advance.

I did have a blast and got an elk, working on a proper post for that!

Seek Outside 6 man tipi tent, tan, 2 doors, black bag w/pole, stakes, bright multicolored paracord on the guy outs, stakes
Air mattress, Klymit, black/gray
Mesh Cot, blue Thermarest, lightweight, blue bag
Eberlestock Just One Backpack, camo, faded on top, main compartment zipper half blown out
Compass, black plastic
Garmin Inreach Mini sat beacon, orange
Joby bluetooth flex tripod/clicker remote for phone camera, black/red
MSR water filter, black/red
Sitka Gear camo, gore tex shell jacket 2XL
Hammock, grand trunk, black kryptik camo, double sized
Enos Ultralight Tree straps for hammock, gray
Outdoor Edge folding knife, orange, replaceable blade type
IFAK (camo) with
Readers, foldup, in a small plastic case
Bandage, military
Clotting sponge
Tourniquet
Medical Scissors
Hemostat

Smartwool beanie hat, red/orange reversible
Camo hat, UnderArmor
Weekly pill keeper
REI carbon light trekking poles, black/orange pair
Tan rubber gear 18” twist tie
Orange lighter
Garmin Fenix 3 GPS watch with weathered black metal clamp band

Alpaca wool neck gaitor, thick, green, gray, yellow
2 rechargeable usb batteries
New leather mittens with liners, still tagged
Sunscreen
Orange vest, Browning brand, 2 elk teeth in right pocket

Kennetrek camo gaiters

Clothes (dirty/smelly/jokes on them) bag, green nylon
UA long underwear
5 pair smartwool socks
Patagonia T shirt
Nike T shirt
Sitka Gear mountain pants, brown, 38 reg
First Lite black zip hoodie, 2XL, left arm zip pocket, a bit holy from too many campfire sparks

Clothes bag gray nylon
First light baselayer ¾ length bottoms, black
Gray wool longsleeve T
Cabelas nylon/leather gloves winter
Bottom feeder scum suckers cant stand a thief we work hard everyday for what we have and then these low life trolls do this crap I hope you recover at least some of your things and congratulations on your elk !

That’s infuriating.
Random but serious question.
Do you have any hunting or outdoor related stickers on your truck?

That sucks. In your driveway? Will keep an eye on local ads as well. I'd try pinging the inreach. Never know if they turn it on.

Ugh, that sucks. I hope you find your stuff. I had my entire storage shed emptied for me in Palisade when I was out of town for work. They got freaking everything.

Yep, driveway. Apparently it's been a thing again in the Redlands, they hit a few neighbors also last night. They got into my son's little truck too and nabbed a laptop. Gut feel...they don't know what they have and half the stuff got pitched in a ditch somewhere. Some homeless person will be set t/f up! USAA has been good to us in the past, but man I hate starting over, especially this time of year when inventory is low. I did have a cow hunt in Nov planned, might have to go nekkid!

Back