Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chevy

• GMC

• Other

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Don't care what brand. Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Nissan, Toyota all make good quality full size pick ups. For me it's all about utility.

Just sold my 97 Ranger (running out of space with the new one) and bought an 86 F150 xcab, which happens to be the 3rd 86 f15o i've owned. This one only has 80k miles on it, and is reliable. I would love a new truck but can't get past the price tag. If it's reliable, and gets the job done, then it works for me.

The family wagon is a suburban with the 5.3 liter. Thats a great engine. Gets an honest 19 mpg on the road.

Ran Fords most of my life, but once I got into a Dodge, thats where I stayed. I get better service from the Dodge dealers, than any of Ford dealers ever gave.

hump FORD out in front by 10, real hunters know what kind of truck will go through it all

here a pic of a dogdge and a toyota look like with an amature hunter driving

you can see the toy 3" from right 2" from bottom

Attachments

• dodge.jpg
    dodge.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 42
  • toy.jpg
    toy.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 43
  • toy1.jpg
    toy1.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 41
Err don"t Toyota,Nissan,Hyundai,Mitsubishi,kia,Mecerdes and BMW make trucks as well ??? or is this just an "In House " thing.

FORD, FORD, FORD. We have 2 Ford 4x4's, 2 Ford Crown Victorias and 1 Dodge Mini-Van. The Mini-Van is up FOR SALE. FORD is the BEST.:):):):):):):) hump

I'm curious...what is so special about Ford? Do they drive better, ride better, run better, tow better, look better, get you there faster, or what? :confused:

The two trucks I've owned have been Chevys, and they've done everything I ever needed them to do, and neither one ever went to the shop for anything but an oil change. Seems that Ford is popular with many on this board....there must be a reason why.

Tony, some people just don't know! LOL, like I said the only reason I changed to Dodge was because the service at Ford STUNK. I never really was a Chevy fan. Never owned a Toyota, or Mitsubishi, or any of them other YUPPIE mobiles.

I really like my 04 Dodge but it's still new. If it holds up as well as the Fords I've had, it'll be a pleasant surprise. Put 160K miles on my last Ford 150 & gave to my son & it's still going strong. Body and frame wise Fords, in my opinion, are built to last longer.

Love the hemi engine and body style of the Dodge though.

Yes I know these are opinions but I'm wondering if there is a reason the Fords are so much more popular. I'd like to know what is it that a Ford will do better than my Chevy. Should I be thinking about trading my Chevy in on a Ford? If not, I plan on keeping it for at least 10 more years.

NHR, you're right...I've been paying just under $500/month for 4 years now. It'll be paid off soon and I'm sure not going to buy another new one and have another payment. For $30,000 I ought to get at least 15 years use out of it. Don't you think?

My 95 Dodge with a 146,000 miles on it runs great, burns no oil, has no monthly payment, and the insurance is a lot cheaper than on a new vehicle. I will keep it till the wheels fall off.

72 ford bought new, has 310000 on it still running will start in cold, enough proof

I have owned one chevy, and 2 dodges and the rest fords. All of the fords lasted longer than the rest of them. We had a 1986 ford Bronco II and that baby had almost 300,000 miles on it and still went strong , still had the same gas mileage it had when we got it or even better. I come from a family that wouldn't own anything other than a ford. We just never had any luck with any of the other vehicles. All of the other vehicles were in the shop more than on the road. Some people have better luck with chevy's, Toyota's, Dodges and such. There is one thing I can say about my driving though, I do NOT baby ANY of my vehicles. When I drive them I DRIVE them, I don'y play around. Right now I have a 1995 Crown Victoria EX Highway patrol car, it doesn't see under 65 most of the time. It corners really well around sharp curves and it is a dream ride. My car still has the pursuit chip in it but the husbands doesn't. (LOL). It can MOVE now... The husbands is a 1996 Crown Victoria and it still looks like a cop car with 2 antennas on it and some lights in the back window. We gave $1,750.00 for mine and we gave $3,200 for his. I think I got the better deal with mine because it has the pursuit chip in it yet. ( I have alot of fun in both cars, but mine so far is FASTER)... (LOL)... SO I guess you could say it all depends on the person and their preference. But as far a me I am a ford person.

The best truck in the world is that truck which gets you to where your going, with the load you wanted to haul and it shouldn't have been a truck if it can't take the abuse you are willing to dish out to it... ;) :D:D:D

Back