Triggers

I just picked up a 700 SPS built in 2016. The trigger was adjusted by a smith and you could not tell the difference between it and a Timney. All of my other rifles have a Timney or Calvin Elite on them. There is zero need for this one to get replaced.

Jewel and never look back. That said, the Trigger Tech is getting a lot of love these. I haven’t used one. I’m sure they’re good.
Depends which Trigger Tech. The TT Diamonds I know is very good. IMO it might feel better than a Jewell and I have used Jewell's for years.

Many do well around 3#, "however", its when one wants 2# or so, safely, is when the after market triggers take over. I've had many Mod 700 triggers worked over by my gunsmith for decades. I always tried that 'first". If they start developing creep, etc, I went to Shilen or Timney. I once tried a jewell on a LR Varmint rifle, excellent. I used the Kleppsinger single set trigger with good recults too. I like the TT Primary if I want a rifle from 2 1/2 to 3#, but I am having a TT Special put on a Bergara Hunter. What I really like about Trigger Techs, is the way they are made, can be full of crud and crap and still work! I once had a wonderful Shilen trigger ( on my 35 WAI, my favorite then) put out of action by a tiny piece of Sage! ha I am waaay too OCD for that anymore, ha.

Reactions: FLS
Trigger Tech. I’ve got Timneys including the Calvin Elite and the TT is better IMO.
Be aware that you have to have an external bolt release to use the Diamond.

Back