Trick or Treat??

Horn Seeker

I ended up busting this guy today...couldn't help it. It was just after light, 2 miles down a gated road. The drag out sucked.

Still have an ID tag to fill, now I can be choosy!!

mtbuck2xrs.jpg

mtbucktree6rs.jpg

Don't you know that you can just throw them whole on a pack frame to get 'em out. ;) :D

Anyway, way to go and best of luck with Idaho. Keep us in the know.

I would have thrown him whole on the packframe, but I only had Fanny Pack with!!! I ended up tying my rifle sling to his horn, then the sling to the back of the fanny pack.....it sucked, but worked. The snow was just NOT deep enough to help much on the drag!

Just curious as to what that animal weighed,it looks to be holding a lot of condition,there is a deer on the site here that is claimed to be 299 lb dressed out that looks no where as big as this one.
I have shot a lot of Reds,Fallow and Sika in 30 years of hunting and with perhaps a dozen exceptions on some Reds stags none have gone 300lb dressed.

Thanks
Jeff.

I am sorta a wannabe trophy hunter, and after 9 years of not shooting a buck I had to pull the trigger. I'm proud of him, cause he is actually my biggest, but I hope to do better in Idaho!!

I have no idea what he weighed, but whole probably about 200 pounds, maybe a bit less?? I butchered him myself and I trimmed him really good, and ened up with 67 pounds of clean meat. Dang good too, I was surprised at his tastiness!

Thanks all,

Ernie

Yeah, sled would have been nice.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back