Trial of the century

Why don't I know what the trial of the century is? Maybe because I don't watch the news?
Being aware of current events [news] and how they shape our lives is part of being an informed electorate.

The "trial of the century" is not news. And it's a sad commentary on our society that it's even a topic of conversation.

TL;DR - People are dumb. Society is effed.

Being aware of current events [news] and how they shape our lives is part of being an informed electorate.

The "trial of the century" is not news. And it's a sad commentary on our society that it's even a topic of conversation.

TL;DR - People are dumb. Society is effed.
To me the news is 3 nano seconds of facts and 1/2 hour of panicked drama. Sorry but I just don't want to dedicate the time to try and sort out truth from facts. Uninformed? Yeah, I got to agree with that. I see some of the other old farts get all worked up to the point of a heart attack arguing about some difference of opinion. i just can't do that. I have an old saying that politics has never made friends out of enemies but it damn sure has made enemies out of friends.

IF you ever want to be really surprised look up how much she makes doing that show.

47 million per year. Almost a million per week, around 200k per day. Insane
Wow! Why isn't anyone paying me to act like a silly ass? Why am I doing it for free? Okay you guys, end of the gravy train. You better start forking over the $$$ or else!

Last edited:
I think it's a pretty sad indicator of where society is at to go back and re-litigate a failed marriage in the public courtroom. Those two should be happy to have gone their separate ways but of course, big time stars have to hit out in big time petty ways and than Hollywood cancel culture took it from there. It's just a travesty this is news and is taking up courtroom time. Reminds me of the time a very successful contractor was talking about one of my super lazy coworkers. "That guy is a waste of air. Just as well someone else could be breathing that air."

I have seen snippets of the testimony. Had no opinion of either celebrity as assumed Depp was a partying addict not running away from crazy women and Heard was a less-talented actor that ran towards men with money that would help her access to improving her lifestyle.

Depp seems confident in his testimony and relaxed with a wide range of emotions. Heard seems stiff and rehearsed. Not sure she will stand up to cross examination without inconsistencies.

All in all, is a minor distraction in my life and if they both drift into obscurity then my life will still have a chance to achieve meaning.

Here is my wisdom after a short but volatile marriage: Sometimes you get in bed with crazy for the excitement of the thrill ride yet later you realize is worth whatever amount it costs to get out of that bed. I chose wisely a few years later on the next go around and have had over 30 years of bliss.

Services explained if are thinking of sleeping with crazy: A friend of mine since grade school days is a bachelor with a long military career. Never married. No children. He asked me over beers a few years ago if i knew why he gladly pays a prostitute on his vacations. I assumed was to have sex, right? He said you would think so but you do not pay a prostitute to have sex with you but rather you pay her so she will leave afterwards.

when it is all over they will get back together and make a movie about their divorce.

But, I agree with judge Judy, !!!!

IF you ever want to be really surprised look up how much she makes doing that show.

47 million per year. Almost a million per week, around 200k per day. Insane
I agree, totally insane !

Where do I apply ?----------

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back