Trekking Poles suggestions

Knot Tellin

I looking for a pair of trekking poles for a upcoming Colorado elk hunt. I need some suggestions on what to buy or at least look for in a pair. I really don't want to spend over $60 on them.

I bought a pair of Kelty Upslope 2.0 for $30 on sale at Cabelas. They seem like they are actually some pretty good poles and lock very tight. I have not used them yet for a hunting season though so maybe they're junk. I'll find out soon...

Love the flip locks on my Easton Carbon poles. Have heard bad things about some twist locks. Camofire has some Easton Aluminum poles a few weeks ago. (BackCountry 7075, black and green in color) They had one flip lock and one twist lock on each pole. They also had a shock spring in them. They were about $50. You can just call CamoFire and ask if they have some. 801-676-9631 You don't need to wait for them to come up on the daily special list. Anyway, I bought a set for my son and we just took them for a 28 mile walk over 4 passes at the Maroon Bells near Aspen CO. They worked very well, never slipped and he was thrilled with them. Especially since he had planned to use a treelimb that he had used on his two 14ers, earlier this year.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back