Trekking pole suggestions

mtmiller

Fellas, I have used Leki poles in the past and happened to have one eaten up by some alders on Kodiak last year. They were OK, but I wasn't super impressed with the locking device on the poles. Still like using the poles, but curious if anyone has any other suggestions other than Leki's.

thanks....

I had my black diamond for years, but lost the lower half of it last year as I was packing off the mountain. (I had it strapped the back of my pack.) Anyhow, I never had a problem with the diamond. I usually painted it a camo pattern every two years. It had a metallic finish before then that I wanted to tone down.

Leki... ;)

Seriously, I've been happy with mine. Only problem is I lost a 'boot' Mtn Goat scouting with BOY, but it was easily replaced at REI. Do they make a different model with a different locking device? Mine as the shock absorber thingys in them and I think it helps.

I got some new Black Diamonds this winter. They have the snap locks instead of the screw locks. I got sick of my msr poles slipping, of course it was always at the worst time.

I like the poles, especially for on-trail work or heavy loads.

I've only had Komperdells from Sierra Trading Post. First pair were Titanal models. Worked great until I fell and darned near impaled myself on the broken end. I replaced them with the cheaper El Capitan models. They work fine.

If the twist grip slips, a cleaning with alchohol will fix the problem. I never have tried the shock absorber models. Thought the extra 4 oz was prohibitive.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back