Trade Florida Guide for a Wyoming "Guide"

Dude, you make me want to move to Wyoming!! That’s a heck of a trade! I hope someone takes you up on this offer.

Any reason for focusing on the Yellowstone area? There’s bears up there and bears are scary.

Might be hard to lock someone down before they figure out what tags they get, but yeah, heck of an offer. Where in FL?

Any reason for focusing on the Yellowstone area? There’s bears up there and bears are scary.

The same reason I fell in love with spearfishing. The fact that a lot of people are scared of jaws eating them offers me exceptional opportunity. I hate the "dude factor" of outdoor recreation and anything I can do that to reduce that is appealing to me. I'm not sure if any research has ever been done on the topic, but have to imagine most out of state hunters immediately cross off any grizzly units in their planning. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ignorant and certainly don't want to land in a Grizzly nest if I can help it. But, perhaps I can find that sweet spot where Grizzly are enough of a variable to deter other hunters but not so much that the likelihood of having a problem is too high.

All that to say that I really only have one Yellowstone unit in mind. If I need to cross it off the list when I talk to those with honest feedback due to the Grizzly factor, I will.

Might be hard to lock someone down before they figure out what tags they get, but yeah, heck of an offer. Where in FL?

Yeah, it's early in the game for sure. However, I'm also trying to consider someone that may want to plan a trip Florida for the spring/summer and thinking the sooner I can get the process started the better off all will be.

I'm located just south of Tallahassee, Florida on the Forgotten Coast. St.Marks, Panacea, Carrabelle and Apalachicola are my stomping grounds, but I also lived in Panama City for a while and know those waters very well. The area I live in is beautiful and not a heavy tourist destination. Makes for an incredible fishery and outdoor recreation.

The same reason I fell in love with spearfishing. The fact that a lot of people are scared of jaws eating them offers me exceptional opportunity. I hate the "dude factor" of outdoor recreation and anything I can do that to reduce that is appealing to me. I'm not sure if any research has ever been done on the topic, but have to imagine most out of state hunters immediately cross off any grizzly units in their planning. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ignorant and certainly don't want to land in a Grizzly nest if I can help it. But, perhaps I can find that sweet spot where Grizzly are enough of a variable to deter other hunters but not so much that the likelihood of having a problem is too high.

All that to say that I really only have one Yellowstone unit in mind. If I need to cross it off the list when I talk to those with honest feedback due to the Grizzly factor, I will.
Lots of people hunt in Grizzly country Don't let that run you off. Just be prepared and honest about what you can deal with and you will be fine. Unless you have horses, some of those Yellowstone Gen units can be pretty darn remote. For me this is the bigger obstacle than the grizzlies

Tempting, but I don't bow hunt and have not elk hunted in that part of the state at all. Nor do I have horses or have experience with back pack hunts. But man I would love to do some deep sea fishing in Florida.

I’m a Florida native, been living out west for the last 9 years. Jaws never made me nervous in all my years of inshore/offshore fishing, but grizzly bears are another story. I hunt/live in southeast WY, so I don’t have to worry about them. When I lived in Montana I got into lots of elk and very few people all while never stepping foot in grizzly territory (at least to my knowledge). I hunt solo 99% of the time, so it’s not worth the risk for me. I think my wife would kill me if I ever got eaten by a bear haha

Good luck to ya either way! I’m sure y’all will get into them and have a good time no matter what.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back