MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

traction boards

bradr

I noticed that there's lots of different traction boards on the market ranging from $50-300. I'm guessing you get what you pay for. For those of you that have them, what brand are you using, and were they effective? Are they worth having? Thanks

I bought two sets of X Bull boards last year. A friend of mine has that style and has had very good luck with them. If you read online, you don’t necessarily have to drop 3 to $400 for decent traction boards. From what I’ve read, one of the biggest factors is airing down your tires prior to using them.

My wife bought me the Maxtrax brand, I was uoset she spent that much, but come the following spring, we take my Ram 2500 cummins she hunting. I hit the one spot and bury my truck to the frame, I had the boards with and I thought I'd break them under the weight of my truck, but surprisingly, they held my truck up and I had it out in about 30 minutes. So, yes, in my opinion they're worth having, it's cheaper than trying to get someone to tow you out.

Big thumbs up for Max Trax here in Oz. I have 2 sets that do not leave the back of my pick up. Great for use in sand and mud.

As Ozzy Dave has said, the Max Trax get a TON of work in Oz. Lots of reviews done on them down there and they always come out on top. Check out the 4WD 24-7 channel on Youtube to see some GREAT of road action....Also Ronnie Dahl. I am getting a set this fall for myself.

As Ozzy Dave has said, the Max Trax get a TON of work in Oz. Lots of reviews done on them down there and they always come out on top. Check out the 4WD 24-7 channel on Youtube to see some GREAT of road action....Also Ronnie Dahl. I am getting a set this fall for myself.
I love 4WD 24-7. Funny how excited they get when they get to drive in snow.

Often I chuckle as I drive around Bozeman and notice so many high end 4wd vehicles with shiny new traction boards, brand new looking high lift jacks, spare fuel canisters of all sorts, and various other "off-road" accessories attached ... with vehicle and paraphernalia appearing never to have driven off pavement.
Denver is the same way

I have X-Bull...not much of an adventurous driver. Bought them on similar sale as posted above. I'm sure they'll be helpful to have in the wet snow we're predicted to get starting tonight

I realized I need to buy some of these after hunting montana this past couple weeks

Back