PEAX Equipment

Tracking collar cost....

Chris-A good tracking unit of almost any brand is gonna cost about a thousand bucks with three trcking collars. If you can find a good used one, its about like anything else and about half price. Ya dont want to get the kind of collars that ya have to send back to the factory to have batteries replaced. Get the kind with nickle cadium batteries, that you can replace yourself. Wildlife materials , Johnson, and several others are good. If ya get full cry magazine or any of the cooner magazines they will have advertizements in them for tracking units. Depends where ya live which is the best to buy. Some of the newer models will work fine in flat ground, but dont work to good in canyons where we hunt. Thsi is just my opinion and I am sure there will be others. Good luck. bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

Logoboy.jpg

http://www.huntandlodge.com/Boykin/outfitter.html
www.huntandlodge.com
www.recworld.com/boykin

Hey Bcat,how many hours do you get out of the batteries,and how much do the batteries cost?

------------------
Hunt hard and prosper.

Miller 27, If you are looking for a tracker that is going to be used just for 2 or 3 beagles I suggest you look at the Wildlife TRX3. It is a very small,very easy to use unit.It has about the same range and sensitivity as the bigger, more exspensive boxes.
I used one for several years when I had rabbit dogs and it was perfect.Mounted on the antenna it makes for a nice compact unit.The price is also good.The TRX3,mounted on the antenna,with 2 collars should be around $700.That is a bargain when you are looking for a lost dog.

Back