Caribou Gear

Toy Sharing

IDHunt'em

Anybody on here have any experience with "toy sharing". From what I understand, you pay a certain amount (around $5000 for 5 years) and have access to a variety of recreational equip. like a boat, camper, 4-wheelers, snowmobiles, etc. Your $5000 buys you a certain number of days per year, i think it's around 10 so it works out to basically renting for $100/day.
I've never heard of it before but a buddy of mine is thinking of getting into it and even being a sales rep. wondering if anyone had any negative exp. with it.

I would pay 5k for an Option like that. No Experience but if the merchandice is good quality, Far better then buying that crap !!

I've heard of a few folks in UT that haven't had such good dealings with these kinds of setups and a couple have folded IIRCC. Lots of overhead and LOTS of maintenance fees on the business end and getting equipment that doesn't work right from the members end. More heresay than anything so take it for what you paid for it...

Its been all over the news here... People started filing law suits because they paid all this money upfront and none of it works. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Couple weeks ago I shot an archery shoot with a guy that is involved in it, or at least hes bought into it, so far hes had good success with it, the problems maybe more localized versus across the board. His said his works off a point based system, you have so many points per yr to use, the bigger the toy, the more points it takes.

I've often thought about gonig to a shared program. Cabins, Boats, 4-wheelers, Etc. I don't think it would be hard to figure out the cost of Use and then set it all up.

I know several guys with Boat payments, 4-wheeler payments, Motor Bike, etc... the lsit goes on. I know It would be cheaper by far to be on that system.

Haven't seen anything like it around here, but I think that if one of the members are harder on equipment the rest may pay the price.

Why not just rent the toy if you don't want to own it? All the "membership" fee is doing is loaning the cash up to buy the toys.

I would think somebody should "follow the money" and see if this is an efficient way of using toys. Sounds like the crappy Time Share condo deals where people get suckered into spending big money on something they could use for less if they just rented a hotel/condo where they want.

huh anyone wanna get involved on a wife sharing program? How about a gun sharing program. I dont have much but i know what i have is mine if i break it or if i roll it its mine i have no one to blame but myself. I would be scared that i would get someone like moosie with a couple pink fuzzy balls or dice hanging from the boat trailer or 4wheeler ha ha

I know a company who has been doing toy sharing for over 25 years. All the members I have talked to love it. I think paying a membership fee to have access to Snowmobiles, boats, 4-wheelers, jet skis, and motorhomes is far cheaper than buying those toys yourself.

I have heard of a company who has been doing toy sharing for 25 years. All the members that I have talked to have loved it. I think $5,000-10,000 thousand bucks for a membership fee to have access to 4-wheelers, boats, jet ski, snowmobiles, and motorhomes is far cheaper that buying all those things yourself. I looked into buyin two 4-wheelers and it was close to $20,000 with the trailer and I would only have access to the 4-wheelers.

Lets say I am a time share owner. When I go use the condo's say in Bear Lake I make darn sure that place is a clean as when I found it. Mostly because I don't want to be charged for any extra cleaning or repair fees. I think that if I was a member of a toy sharing company I would take extra car of the equipment in the hopes others would do the same. After looking into and talking to many toy sharing owners they said that truely was the case. I guess the question you have to ask yourself is what would you do?

I'd like to find a couple or two who would be interested in co-owning a place on one of the Hawaiian Islands.... each would live there for 4-6 months each. All repairs, appliances, etc,. would be split and utilities paid by the person for their period of use (whether they are there or not.) Of course, there would have to be a LLC or a formal partnership agreement, as well as people who could be relied upon.

Cali.. I made that Request last year after coming back from the islands.. remember ? the HUNTTALK.com Timeshare :D :D

B-dub, I like the concept. I'm jsut not in the "Buying" or Renting Stage of anything right now, I'm tieing up everything in investments and trying to make my monthly bills ;) Will be good talking to you though Monday..........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back