Tough hunt in NV

CONGRATS to both of you and great stories! My elk hunt in area 16 starts Monday. I'm super excited!

Nice bull!

What was wrong with the Remington Muzz?

Thank you.

I couldn't get it to group any better than about 6" at 100yd. I know a lot of guys are happy to hold on a paper plate with open sights but for me that was just unacceptable. I tried a small fortunes worth of bullet, sabot, and powder combo but it just wouldn't work.

Very happy with the CVA. My hunting load was 100gr. Blackhorn and 290gr Barnes Tmz.

Congrats! Tough country for sure. Hopefully I can draw the muzzleloader tag for September next season. It would be a longshot, but a hell of a hunt!

Just realized I never wrote much of a reply! Thanks to all for the congratulations.

Matt is definitely more eloquent in his story telling than I.

Paul, and Matt, I'd like to thank you both for your generously in sharing your info. My Plan A worked (how often does that happen!?!) and I was able to fill my tag on the 3rd day do I didn't use the info. As I was heading up the 2nd day I was packing him out I met a nice 72 year old gentleman and his wife who were up scouting for his late season tag that starts next week. I had printed out a couple topo maps and marked the way point you shared with notes so I passed those on to him. He was going to head down and check the area out. I usually don't share info I have been given without asking permission 1st but there was no way to do that up there and it seemed like the right thing to do. I sure hope he gets his elk!!! Thank you both again for your generosity and congrats on great bulls!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back