Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Total Archery Challenge, Big Sky: Who's going?

lifeisgoodsteve

Hi All,

Looks like I was late for the sign ups as they're all sold out, but on the waitlist. Who's all going?

For those solo archers, do you know if there is some kind of solo list where individuals can join small groups with room in their nock time?

With many of us hunting or training solo would be nice.

Cheers,

Steve

My family and I will be there again, going on five years of doing this shoot. This year it sold out really fast, I want to say Saturday time slots were all sold out in like 15 minutes, and the rest of the weekend were gone shortly after. As for solo shooters, all you have to do, is ask someone or a small group if they wouldn't mind another shooter to join and most will say yes, I've met some really good people this way when it was just my son and I shooting and now we shoot with the same group, well, try to anyway as the Canadian border wasn't open last year and two of the guys couldn't make it. Hopefully you get to make the shoot, it's a great time and hopefully they have the after parties again this year.

My family and I will be there again, going on five years of doing this shoot. This year it sold out really fast, I want to say Saturday time slots were all sold out in like 15 minutes, and the rest of the weekend were gone shortly after. As for solo shooters, all you have to do, is ask someone or a small group if they wouldn't mind another shooter to join and most will say yes, I've met some really good people this way when it was just my son and I shooting and now we shoot with the same group, well, try to anyway as the Canadian border wasn't open last year and two of the guys couldn't make it. Hopefully you get to make the shoot, it's a great time and hopefully they have the after parties again this year.
Wow, nuts it sold out so fast! Good to know for next year. Thanks for the heads up on joining a group, though don't think I'll drive down there on a chance. All good. Will consider again in 2022, but earlier.

Wow, nuts it sold out so fast! Good to know for next year. Thanks for the heads up on joining a group, though don't think I'll drive down there on a chance. All good. Will consider again in 2022, but earlier.
It opened at 9 am on a Wednesday and luckily I was off that day, otherwise I'd been not going myself. There will be no shows on the days they are running the shoot, there would be a good chance for you to shoot and besides, if the covid restrictions are lifted, the vendors and after party things are fun to attend.

I checked sign ups yesterday and saw it was full. Was really amped to be making those 100 yard shots with my stick bow. Le sigh (this is a sigh in French FYI as I am eating a croissant at the moment).

Scheduled to work that weekend, so I have to pass. Was fun last year, but definitely not the event it could've been. I might head over if I can sneak away from work, but it's not looking good as of now.

Been watching a few Youtube vids on these shoots. I'd love to shoot one of these one day. Nothing like this here in Oz. Looks like it would be a tonne of fun

Scheduled to work that weekend, so I have to pass. Was fun last year, but definitely not the event it could've been. I might head over if I can sneak away from work, but it's not looking good as of now.
Why?

Pandemic caused a lot of cancellations- both sponsors and participants. Fun course, but not a lot of people around, all things considered, and not nearly the social event it should have been.

As far as getting away from work, it's because we're short-staffed and I'm not sure I can get anyone to cover.

Pandemic caused a lot of cancellations- both sponsors and participants. Fun course, but not a lot of people around, all things considered, and not nearly the social event it should have been.

As far as getting away from work, it's because we're short-staffed and I'm not sure I can get anyone to cover.
Thanks

A buddy and I am traveling up from Utah and meeting with some friends/family from Idaho to shoot for a couple of days. Excited to see this venue and especially excited to go shoot.

Last edited:
I'm going for the first time this year. Sign-ups was a joke. Every time I chose a slot and then moved on to the next day, I would lose my first slot. Also I thought it was weird there was 4 courses, but I could not book more then one a day and it's only a 3 day event. That means I will be missing the yeti course. I am really looking forward to the event, but they need to do something to improve sign-ups imo.

I'm going for the first time this year. Sign-ups was a joke. Every time I chose a slot and then moved on to the next day, I would lose my first slot. Also I thought it was weird there was 4 courses, but I could not book more then one a day and it's only a 3 day event. That means I will be missing the yeti course. I am really looking forward to the event, but they need to do something to improve sign-ups imo.
If you have an early slot you can walk on to another course after 1230ish. It usually gets pretty backed up by that point. So if your first knock time is before 10 any of the three days you probably have a good chance at jumping on the yeti course. The later the knock time the longer your course will take.

If you have an early slot you can walk on to another course after 1230ish. It usually gets pretty backed up by that point. So if your first knock time is before 10 any of the three days you probably have a good chance at jumping on the yeti course. The later the knock time the longer your course will take.
That's good to know, I will definitely try that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back