Caribou Gear

Top Wyoming elk units...

Status
Not open for further replies.

257 Wby Mag

It'll be on us before we know it. I'm sitting on max, don't wanna go guided, willing to hold out for one of the top units. Rifle is tops but will archery hunt, maybe both. Ill be able to commit a couple weeks actually hunting. Right now thinking 124? Am I off base? Pm's will work too. Thanks

What's more important to you? Antler size? Number of elk seen? Type of terrain hunted? Opportunity to just shoot a bull?

What's more important to you? Antler size? Number of elk seen? Type of terrain hunted? Opportunity to just shoot a bull?
Probably, lack of other hunters, quality, numbers of game opportunity in that order. I kill a bull every year here so just killin a bull isn't what I'm after. Be happy with a reasonable opportunity at a 350" bull.

If I was in your shoes I'd look at the wilderness units West of Cody. There is some rugged country there that I'd be damn proud to get a bull from. I'd probably hire an outfitter and tell him you are going to hunt the whole season or at least an early hunt and a late hunt if needed.

This is where a Go hunt Subscription helps narrow it down.

There is a Current thread on the “other” western hunting forum about unit 124. I suggest reading through it. The hunter won a commissioners tag and sounds like he had tons of help/intel for that unit. He was also DIY.

OK , Mad Tom said type 4 Hunt. I for the life of Me don't know what a type 4 hunt is. Here in AZ. we have Cow or Bull hunts. Anyone that can help is Great. I will help with anything in AZ. or N. Mex.. Anyone wanna PM . me thats bettter................BOb! or call me 602-422-0353........................Thanks .BOB!

OK , Mad Tom said type 4 Hunt. I for the life of Me don't know what a type 4 hunt is. Here in AZ. we have Cow or Bull hunts. Anyone that can help is Great. I will help with anything in AZ. or N. Mex.. Anyone wanna PM . me thats bettter................BOb! or call me 602-422-0353........................Thanks .BOB!
Bob someone was trying to be funny.
A666D122-F350-4BD7-80AF-08EE60AF624A.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back