Took another one off the fawn muncher roll

MULE

Snuck out for a few quick stands this afternoon. First stand all I called in was some mule deer. But thats cool I always like watching em. Little forky was kinda bold. The rest off the deer stopped about 80 yards out but the little forky had to come closer.

Second stand ....El Zilcho

Third stand right at the end had a sneaker coming in. He was headed down around my downwind side so I stopped him whith a whoop. Figured he was about 200 but range findered at 186. Went down like a sack of taters.

Swift A frame was actually fur friendly. Got him thru the boiler room and really not much damage. Could be a fluke though. I use to shoot sierras psp before this year and I don't care where I hit em it was gonna be a mess.

Anyway not a bad afternoon.

Next time get some pics for us.

Hey MULE,

what kinda land cannon you shootin them a-frames through,,LOL I'm realy into the 20's. Love my tact.20, hope when my smithy finishes with the new barrel it will shoot like it did before. right now I'm shootin a 17hmr but don't tell anyone. It sure causes the crap to fly LOL
where you at in Colorado, My dad is on hwy 7 outside of Brighton. I grew up there.

later

Dic

Dic,

A 7 mag! You think you catch hell for using the word "dogs" you can just imagine the chit I catch for using a 7mm mag! hahahahaah

Hey if you ever come visit your folks let me know and we''ll go pop some dogs.

Wanna see what a 7 mag does on a headshot? Go take a look at my thread on 11-10-2002 titled "Hunting with Doug..yeehawww"

Mule,

Back in the early days I only had 1 gun and it had to do all my work. It was a 30-06 springfield a3.03 that my grandfather (Howard J. Johnson) of the Barnes-Johnson or the 458 B-J Express erra, customized for me.

I have also made canoe's out of them damn dogs heads and that was in the good ol'days when they were bringing 25-75.00 each and a bad hit with an .06 would cost you money. Even with FMJ's.

When I come that way I will let you know so we can plan a killin spree--- for sure!!!

Later
Dic
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back