Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Today's turd sandwich from Utah

jryoung

WASHINGTON — Today, Representatives Chris Stewart (R-Utah) and Rob Bishop (R-Utah) launched the Federal Land Action Group, a congressional team that will develop a legislative framework for transferring public lands to local ownership and control.

This Group, chaired by Rep. Stewart, will build on the work started by Utah and other states in recent years. “The federal government has been a lousy landlord for western states and we simply think the states can do it better,” Stewart said. “If we want healthier forests, better access to public lands, more consistent funding for public education and more reliable energy development, it makes sense to have local control.”

Rep. Bishop, Chairman of the House Natural Resources Committee, said, “This group will explore legal and historical background in order to determine the best congressional action needed to return these lands back to the rightful owners. We have assembled a strong team of lawmakers, and I look forward to formulating a plan that reminds the federal government it should leave the job of land management to those who know best.”

The Federal Land Action Group will hold a series of forums with experts on public lands policy, with the goal of introducing transfer legislation.

Other members of the Group include Representatives Mark Amodei (R-Nev.), Diane Black (R-Tenn.), Jeff Duncan (R-S.C.), Cresent Hardy (R-Nev.), and Cynthia Lummis (R-WY).

http://stewart.house.gov/media-cent...d-bishop-launch-new-federal-land-action-group

I'd say the folks in Tennessee and South Carolina ought to know their reps are thinking about giving their western lands away. Of course, with Chris Christie more beholden to the pig farmers in the Midwest than he is to his own constituents in New Jersey, I guess politics doesn't know any boundaries. You just go where the money is.

Seems all I do is write emails and make phone calls these days...

Heres to another "round"!!!!

Back