Today, was not a good day.

Chad Gus

Went to a bow shoot today, at the local club I'm a member of. I get there around 8:45, get signed up, step up to the practice line, a take my first warm up arrow and i hear a load crack, as I shoot. Glance down at my bow and see that there's a crack in the top limb, well sh!t, this bow is no longer shoot able. I get on my phone and start messaging some buddies, two of them were coming to the shoot and both said they would swing by my house and pick up my hunting bow and bring it over for me. Get my "new" bow, take a few shots and get it dialed in, get to target 10, shoot the first arrow (2 arrows per target) draw back for the second shot and my bow blows up, punched myself in the face in the process. What are the odds of this, both of my bows breaking in the same day. On a positive note, both bows last arrows were bullseyes. 20210228_125540.jpg20210228_091234.jpg

Better odds winning the lottery I'd say. That sucks. Good excuse to buy a new bow I guess. Nobody was hurt that's the main thing I reckon.

I had an arrow blow up once, shrapnel is still in my thumb. You can just see it under the skin, just North of the scar...

DF82596D-FBA7-4773-991F-6871B86D9113.jpeg

They don’t call them Blowtech for nothing. Sorry, I couldn’t resist. That’s too bad. Where and how were they stored? Wonder what could have caused it?

They don’t call them Blowtech for nothing. Sorry, I couldn’t resist. That’s too bad. Where and how were they stored? Wonder what could have caused it?
Stored in my house, hanging in my hunting room when not in use. Got both new in 2008, one for hunting and the other for leagues/tournaments. 10's of thousands of arrows through each.

God u didn’t get hurt that’s crazy that they both did it the same day

Dang man thats crazy. Glad you weren't injured.
You pulling 80 on the target and 100 on the hunting bow?

Stored in my house, hanging in my hunting room when not in use. Got both new in 2008, one for hunting and the other for leagues/tournaments. 10's of thousands of arrows through each.
Heck of a coincidence for sure. I’d be switching brands.

Not sure how Botech is now a days but in the past they would warranty their limbs. If I were you I would check it out.

Might be some time to get warrantee work done if they have to send it back to the Klingon home planet. :)

Last edited:
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back