PEAX Equipment

To Shoot or Not To Shoot.........

iminrut

.....that is the question ?!?!?!?

I am way behind schedule as far as scouting goes this year......our archery season has been open for nearly a week, and I haven't even been out once....for Antelope or deer !!!! Don't even have a stand up yet........

Well, with such a time crunch, I've thrown up some trail cams to do some quick reference scouting for deer, while I've been out lookin at goats.......

Well, the cams have only been up for 3 days and besides some fantastic looking 2.5-3 year olds, this buck showed up..........now unfortunately, I do not have any other angles of him, besides these two........undoubtedly he could probably use another year on him, but if by chance I don't spot anything bigger........should I pull the trigger ????

I know, I know....trophy is in the eye of the beholder....yadda, yadda, yadda........just curious on how many would lay off, and how many would lay the smack down.......and it would be with archery gear.....

Stanton_9-4-2007_050.JPG

Stanton_9-4-2007_051.JPG

I have been waiting for your trail cam pics this year.....was curious if you were gonna post them or not.

well, he's no Leroy thats fo-sure. But he is a nice buck. I would say let him go another year and who knows maybe a bigger one will show before the end of the season.

good luck Inrut!
thanks for the pics.

If these deer are only hunted by your group than I'd deffently wait a year maybe 2. A buck like that around here will not last long.

Nice pic's.

......A buck like that around here will not last long........

Unfortunately, that is most often the case around here as well........so many people do not realize what kind of deer they could be seeing, if they just laid off of these young bucks for a couple of years.......it seems that the minute these deer hit the 2.5-3 year old mark and cross that 125" barrier, their days are numbered........now I am guessing this buck will go in the low 140s, and would make a great archery trophy, but undoubtedly another year and this buck would be a smoker........what's crazy, is this year I've seen so many bucks that will go in the 140 class, that it is getting increasingly hard to put them out of my mind, LOL

Here is some more pics of another great young buck with some fantastic potential........unfortunately this buck is is an area that absolutely get's hammered during rifle season........

Great young 5x5
Stanton_8-22-2007_163.JPG

Stanton_8-22-2007_164.JPG

And here is another young buck, that I caught over a bait pile i threw out just to see what was in the area close to home......he's just a baby, but how I'd like to see him reach his potential ?!?!?!?

Young_Stud.JPG

Looks like a damn good 10...especially in another year...preferably two.

Around here, more & more pay by the day hunts happening...he wouldn't make it past the coming season w/out QDM discipline.

Good pics I-rut.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back