Caribou Gear

TIL

Bigjay73

What's something that you've learned that took way too many years for you to discover? Today I lost my shit when I figured out our office copy machine will staple your papers together, what a time to be alive. Ive spent 26 years working outside of an office setting, my wife who is in marketing is certain that I am a moron

What's something that you've learned that took way too many years for you to discover? Today I lost my shit when I figured out our office copy machine will staple your papers together, what a time to be alive. Ive spent 26 years working outside of an office setting, my wife who is in marketing is certain that I am a moron
Thank you for making me feel better about myself. mtmuley

I back in the 90s as a teenager, learned that the arrow on the dashboard showed what side the fuel tank was on.

And that pop can tabs are designed to be flipped forward for a straw to go through, to prevent the straw from shooting out of the can.

I back in the 90s as a teenager, learned that the arrow on the dashboard showed what side the fuel tank was on.

And that pop can tabs are designed to be flipped forward for a straw to go through, to prevent the straw from shooting out of the can.
dude... my 50 year old sister called me last year to tell me about this and I'm like "how did you make it this far in life without knowing that?" 🤣 She said she thought it was pointing to the gas gauge so you paid attention to it

I just saw my first electric pencil sharpener about 5 years ago, I had always used one mounted to the wall and turn the handle.

About 2 years ago I finally realized the reverse lights on a car are white to provide illumination as you back up. 🤯
I figured they were just that way to differentiate them from tail lights and turn signals.

Boy did I feel like a dunce for it taking 16ish years of driving to put that together.

TIL people still print things :)

OK - not totally true. I have a 15 year old printer upstairs at the house whose sole use case is to print my 84yo FIL's boarding passes when they are leaving from a visit. It takes 4-5X longer to get the printer out, plug it in, print the thing, and put it back in the closet for 6 more months than it would for him to check-in on his phone, but he refuses to use mobile boarding passes (or mobile anything, really).

dude... my 50 year old sister called me last year to tell me about this and I'm like "how did you make it this far in life without knowing that?" 🤣 She said she thought it was pointing to the gas gauge so you paid attention to it
Welp...It took me 52 years and a google image search after reading about this to discover that there is an arrow next to the little gas pump on the gauge. 🤷‍♂️

Did you know that there are little tabs on the sides of the boxes that hold plastic wrap and tin foil and such? You push them in, and they hold the role in place, so you don't have to fight and cuss at the damn role as you try to pull out a bit of plastic wrap. My niece pointed this out to me the other day as I was fighting with and cussing at a damn role of plastic wrap.

Did you know that there are little tabs on the sides of the boxes that hold plastic wrap and tin foil and such? You push them in, and they hold the role in place, so you don't have to fight and cuss at the damn role as you try to pull out a bit of plastic wrap. My niece pointed this out to me the other day as I was fighting with and cussing at a damn role of plastic wrap.
So you're telling me, after 44 years of life there's hope for plastic wrap???

I was in my 30's when I learned about the gas arrow. I check with people regularly, to see if they know this. I would say 40% do not.

It will probably 3 hole punch also. I've printed off several 1000+ page spec books and let me tell you. What a time saver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back