Yeti GOBOX Collection

Tikka T3 scope mounts/rings

A guy on another forum is selling Talley ultra light rings that have had the bottom machined to fit over the dovetail on the Tikka. I'd be trying to get my hands on those as I think they looking cleaner than regular Talley's.

I have looked at the DNZ mounts, but they seemed kind of clunky. They work good?

They're a little chunky I guess, but I love them. I have them on both my Tikkas, my Savage 220 deer hunt, and a few others. They're awesome. Rings and base all machined from one piece of metal. I threw my Tikka rings in the garbage after researching the forums. I can't speak to their lack of quality, but they didn't look too rubust from the looks of them.

I'd highly recommend DNZ.

I use the factory rings. The only problem I had is when I mounted the front one a little to far back. It would sometimes catch a casing when I was going to eject and it would cause it to get stuck. This was self inflicted.

After I moved it forward I haven't had a problem. I haven't shot the gun in a few years, I need to get it out!

Ordered the DNZ Game Reaper low mounts, and should be receiving my Vortex Viper 4-12x40 soon. Think it will be a deadly combination once I can finally fling some lead through it.

Thanks for all the info guys, this place rules

I have heard the factory rings are garbage, a good set shouldnt set you back more then 60 bucks or so.

I hear this quite a bit, not only wrt Tikka. Factory rings might not be the best, by why would a rifle manufacturer give garbage rings and tarnish their reputation?

A guy on another forum is selling Talley ultra light rings that have had the bottom machined to fit over the dovetail on the Tikka. I'd be trying to get my hands on those as I think they looking cleaner than regular Talley's.

Unfortunately he's not doing it anymore, I had a set of 1" Lows he did and they worked and looked great. Contacted him about getting a 30mm set and got the bad news.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back