Tikka T3 scope mounts/rings

beagle001

Hello all,

I've got a Tikka that came with the stainless rings already on. Question is- are they sufficient or should I be looking at getting different rings or mounts to get it set up? Is setting the rings on the built-in rail alright?
Bit of a novice when it comes to ins and outs of rifle knowledge, but I'd much like not to keep it that way. Thank you

I bought some low Talley's that were made for the Tikka and they are great. Definitely the route I would recommend. They are a rock solid setup. $49.99 at Cabelas. Might find them cheaper through Amazon.

Last edited:
I have read some people have had trouble with the factory rings in the past. I have never used them, the Talley LW's are my favorite on a T3. The DNZ one piece is also nice. There are several options out there. Look at Mountain Tactical's 1 piece rails if thats something you like, I have one and it is also a quality piece of gear.

I also have the factory rings with no problems. It does not sound like anyone who actually had the rings had a problem.

I have no dog in this fight as to quality of the supplied rings. My concern would be regarding the ring height. You want to rings to the lowest possible so that you gt good cheek weld on the stock, AND high enough so that the objective bell of the scope clears the barrel. Some of my rifles have only just enough room for a scope cover to go between the objective & the barrel. Others only have enough room for a cleaning rag (smaller calibers that are not critical). If rings are supplied, they likely are way too high, unless the scope you choose is huge.....

The factory rings most likely will work fine, but I felt the Talley rings were a definite upgrade and well worth the money. I have Talley's on my Tikka and a couple of other guns, good rings in my opinion

I have a T3 Lite in .308. Couldn't keep my zero with factory rings and went with Talley rings. Haven't had a problem since.

Used the factory rings on my 7MM Rem mag for several years with no problems but bought the DNZ mount for it anyway and both have held zero.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back