Tide/Aggies

I'm asking,why.
Why didn't these two programs move to the SEC when they had a chance.
I can understand why Texas didn't want to........Equal revenue sharing and not being able to dictate to the Conference how it would be run where deal breakers and you can't really blame them. This is a habit that goes all the way back to the old SWC days.
The Pokes reasons for not leaving and choosing to staying under the Thumb of Texas are strange to me. You're right that OU would be the catch for the SEC but the Conference has proven that we will take the little Brother to expand the footprint,(Look at A&M).
If I was in charge over at OK State I would be hunting down a School over on the East coast and be lobbying the SEC for admittance and come out of the shadow that is Texas and OU.

Well I think it may be a little more complicated. To be clear there are a few misconceptions out there.
1. aTm, Nebraska, and Mizzou all voted for unequal revenue sharing in the Big 12. Mizzou even did PPV games before any of the LHN stuff and they kept the money.
2. I am not aware of any SEC requests for OSU and I follow alignment quite closely. We simply don't' have the eyeballs in Oklahoma that aTm and Mizzou have.
3. We do have equal revenue sharing now in the Big 12. Our tier 3 is not equal but neither is the tier 3 in the SEC. Bama makes more for radio, coaches shows, stadium sponsorship, etc... than Ole Miss. The big difference is The Big 12 gives you 1 football game and a few basketball games to bundle with the other stuff for the Tier 3 contract which is slightly different than the SEC. All schools negotiate these tier 3 deals independently.
4. All the schools in the Big 12 are held by a GOR, just like the ACC, PAC, and B1G. This prevents you from leaving with your TV rights for home games.
5. Not everybody wants to be in the SEC, I know that is hard to believe but it's true. for example our alumni base is in DFW. Our fans can drive to every game except ISU and WVU.

I am not sure how OSU is under UT's thumb but that is a common thought from non Big 12 schools. Much like the ACC is a North Carolina conference and the B1G is run by Michigan and tOSU.

Breaking news right now is Deloss is out at UT at the end of the season. Will be interesting who the new AD, FB coach, and BB coach will be.

556, just a couple points. Eyeballs don't matter, Every T.V. in Texas counts when the SEC negotiates it's T.V. deals.
If you need to believe that Texas isn't driving the Bus over there then so be it, but we have some history with them and I can assure you that they do.

Spook,
Eyeballs, TV sets, population, TV markets, however you want to look at it. More people to pay the higher fees to ESPN/SEC for the new network.. Same deal with Maryland and Rutgers in the B1G.

How exactly is UT driving the bus? They are not even good anymore. Their FB is terrible and BB sucks. Mack and Barnes are done. If you haven't noticed OU and OSU are by far the best teams in the conference in FB and Kansas controls BB.
The best way to deal with UT is to beat them, OU and Stoops have made a living doing that just about every year.
Nebraska used to say the same thing but it boiled down to the fact that they could not beat UT and it drove them crazy. They were used to winning every game under Dr Tom and things changed when the Big 12 was formed.

Of all the conferences and alignments, my biggest question is how the hell did the remnants of C-USA and Big East form a meaningless conference and get an auto BCS bowl!?!?!??

Damn. Johnny makes it look easy against bama. I've got no dog in this fight but he definitely brings it.

Like the score, would like to see RSJ get involved for a&m, and then they still lose.

Gotta watch this game because The University of Texas (the real UT) is on the LHN tonight and no one gets it.

Like the score, would like to see RSJ get involved for a&m, and then they still lose.

Gotta watch this game because The University of Texas (the real UT) is on the LHN tonight and no one gets it.

Probably best for people to not see the "real UT". That UT AD is the biggest dumpster fire in the NCAA. Both BB and FB are terrible and they have the biggest and best of everything including recruits, facilities, and coaches salaries. Now they will attempt to put out the fire with piles of cash. Nobody does less with more than the Horns do. Deloss is the poster child for how NOT to run an AD.

The University of Texas (the real UT) is on the LHN tonight and no one gets it.

Perfect summation of the entire program.

Now they will attempt to put out the fire with piles of cash

Who doesn't? Alabama, LSU, or Ohio State didn't hire just any cut rate mercenaries.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back