Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

thumper

George P

thumper, wasnt I the one that got you hooked up with bcat last year?I seem to remember emailing back and forth with you and giving you bcats name.I remember him telling me you were going hunting with him this winter.I just seemed to recall all that tonight and put it all together.
So now you have hunted with bcat.Two questions for you:1.How did the hunt go?
2.Are you still talking to me???LOL Just kidding bcat !!!

Sorry to be a bit behind on posts folks, Just trying to play catch up here in Asia and staying on the run!
I honestly can not recall George! It was probably you that intorduced me to Cuz this time last year when I started looking over at the HIS! I will take your word for it! You did stear me right!
smile.gif

As for the hunt! All I can say is Fantastic! Not only did I have a wonderful time, but feel more that I met long lost family than just took another "guided hunt"

We stayed hard and fast on two huge Tom tracks , but never got the chance to cut on them! many factors such as closed areas, too much or not enough snow. Non to do with the guide or hunters for certain!

Mind ya, we could have cut on lesser cats , but chose not to as I agree 100% with b'cat's feelings on not shooting females or smaller toms!
I have never judged the success of a hunt by the kill, but the enjoyment I had doing it!

As I told cuz, I rank my trip with him over many where record book trophies were taken! And that my friend says a hell of a great deal about how much I did enjoy my trip!

It is also the reason, I have a 2001 cat tag at b'cats house now and put in the special draw for elk, lopes and deer for this year.

I have posted some comments about our trip in other threads and I think I can not say enough about the trip with b'cat.
Shecats, great too! Her personality, cooking, working with stock and down to down to earth nature makes her a keeper in my book.
The trip was a real success! I have to mention the uncountable number of common personality traits that Cuz and I have! We even sign our names the same and caught ourselves thinking the same thing at the exact same time!
smile.gif
Thats weird!
I never felt or got treated as a client, and felt like I was hunting with family! No bullsh!t about that either!

Also got to hunt a few days with Moosie! I will not elaborate on about the quarters I left in his hand each morning
smile.gif
Or my inability for me to stay on a snow machine when he drives
smile.gif
I think I would had a better chance on riding Latigo in 3 go rounds than staying on the moose's machine
smile.gif

He is indeed a great white hunter and good natured , upfront guy! Could never see him in a conflict with anyone! Easy going and a riot to talk to!

To sum it all up, anyone who misses the chance to hunt with Cuz "b'cat" Boykin has missed out on something.
I will be back time and time again! I see many future hunts in Wyoming and other parts of the country with Cuz! Hell, since I do not hold a state residency, I might just change it to Wyoming!
Might as well, cause i would bet that the majority of time I spend in the States on time off will be up in a little place called Encampment Wyoming!
Thanks to you George and all the rest who helped a mis-directed coonass living in Thailand unite with what is now another part of my family!
smile.gif

Mark "Thumper" Boykin
yes, the last name thing is true as well!

------------------
sneaky.gif

IF YA CAN'T RUN WITH THE BIG DAWGS, KEEP YOUR ARSE ON THE PORCH

http://www.geocities.com/thumper_67.geo

Hi Thumper,
Glade to hear that you had a great hunt with bcat. As I told you about one year ago, a great place and good people make for a great hunt. I fully agree with you about hunting, the kill is not the total sum of a hunt. If you are in a sh-tty camp with sh-tty people, you had a sh-tty hunt, no matter what was shot. Boy, I have been on one or two of those hunts. Thumper,I look forward to meeting you next fall at Encampment, WY.
Be safe, Have fun!
deadeye2

Thanks Deadeye!,
You are on track when it comes to Doug and Debbie! And 100% correct on my feelings about a hunt!
Hell, I could have went ANYWHERE, and I guess to reckon, I never would have felt as much home as I did!

I am sitting here on a saturday night, getting ready for yet another trip to visit another country as my vocation requires.
I will keep this fire burning inside for another adventure and I know that the good Lord above will watch over and keep us close to see yet another year of adventure and meet more of the folks who make this a great site and a place for us true sportsmen to hang our hats!

I look forward to meeting you and sharing the time in life that God has given us to enjoy! All in all, I am sure we will have one hell of a time! Regardless if we put yet another one on the wall or talk about hunts of our past, it comes down to one thing! Being with folk's who have our love for the outdoors, conservation and the true spirit of the wild.
Thanks FRIEND and I look forward to our gathering!

Thump

------------------
sneaky.gif

Thumper...I do believe I gave you bcat's name and such because you and he had the same last name. Remember??????

bcat...you recall anything like that?

Anyway, it was a match made in Heaven! Right, guys?

Hef

Bill ya might say it was a match!!! Thump and us hit it off real well and had a heck of a fine time. We found two differnt big tom tracks one going each dirrection, and I mean for miles!!!!!! These were both HUGE tracks and the biggest I have seen in a coupel years. Wish we coulda found either one of them, but the conditions prevented us from ever turning the dogs loose. Thump is out to sea right now but he'll be back in a couple days. Thanks for the reference Bill and I appreciate the continued support you have always given me. When ya going Moose hunting again?? bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

bcat....I'm off to Alaska again the first of September for 2 weeks. Wish you could join. I got some good jokes I'll get to ya this coming week. You'll have your hands in your pockets with a new grip on life after seeing these!!! Hef

You are all right!!!!!! Thumper checked many referneces, including Deadeye, Bill, and George, plus a dozen others. Wish I could hunt with ya this September too Bill, but I think I got too much going on here this year to go. Next year is looking good tho! bcat PS WILL BE AWAITING THE NEW JOKES!! Should I get my hands in my pockets now?
biggrin.gif

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

Bill,
I can not say enough about our trip!! Just keep cuz and myself updated on a GOOD deal on an Alaskan trip! mind ya, you know my connections to get a bottom line price, but would be a blast to get the three of us up out in the drainages on a bear or / moose!
Thumper

------------------
sneaky.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back