MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Thoughts on UHD

For the most part its just a marketing gimmick, unless there is a third party testing to confirm UHD (and set the standard for what UHD is) its just selling smoke.

Now I bought that spotter, but I didn't buy it because it was claimed to be UHD, I bought it because Schmalt highly recommended the scope.

Judging from the love these are getting I'm strongly considering a budget option though I keep spending all of my cash on other toys. Last week it was a raft of course I can't use it because I just got tossed into quarantine for not following the rules about social distancing (a man's gotta date during Covid)

Judging from the love these are getting I'm strongly considering a budget option though I keep spending all of my cash on other toys. Last week it was a raft of course I can't use it because I just got tossed into quarantine for not following the rules about social distancing (a man's gotta date during Covid)
If you pick one up, go through schmalt, you'd be foolish not to!

The product's for hunting and shooting are so advanced these days it is pathetic. We actually seldom find real difference's but rather we find difference's that actually have little difference in the end result. If you compare the average hunter's $200 scope to an expensive Night Force will the Night Force actually offer the average guy any advantage? I don't think so. Seem's I read that the average shot on say a deer is 200 yds!

Last edited:
The product's for hunting and shooting are so advanced these days it is pathetic. We actually seldom find real difference's but rather we find difference's that actually have little difference in the end result. If you compare the average hunter's $200 scope to an expensive Night Force will the Night Force actually offer the average guy any advantage? I don't think so. Seem's I read that the average shot on say a deer is 200 yds!
Well here’s to being average. 🍻

I’m just an average guy but man I do like my NF scope and it’s been rock solid! But I do shoot a 201+ sometimes. 😁
I also agree some gear is getting pretty advanced and ridiculous like the Revic scope from Gunwerks. I also am thankful for some of the advanced gear that makes camp much more enjoyable these days.
OP- Definitely contact Schmalts and I’m sure he can find something for your budget.

For the most part its just a marketing gimmick, unless there is a third party testing to confirm UHD (and set the standard for what UHD is) its just selling smoke.

Now I bought that spotter, but I didn't buy it because it was claimed to be UHD, I bought it because Schmalt highly recommended the scope.
Do you happen to have any pictures through it? I'd love to seen them if you do, and haven't found much on the internet or YouTube showing through the scope.

Do you happen to have any pictures through it? I'd love to seen them if you do, and haven't found much on the internet or YouTube showing through the scope.
negative, I suck at trying to take photos with my phone held over the lens. Tried once and the photo looked terrible, see attached for how terrible I am haha! 280E9EAE-D7EC-4EB2-8755-70B353644BA9.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back