Thoughts on Kuiu products (clothing)?

I've got plenty of Kuiu gear, more than I care to mention to some of this crowd. Wear it hunting, hiking and everyday use with no issues, no complaints, their clothing works for me, the fit for me is biggest thing, and one stop shopping for me. I agree FL merino is softer and I own a fair amount of FL too, but FL clothing seems to run very large and I get stuck between sizes. Overall quality, weight, fit, durability and functionality of Kuiu works for me, but I know not for everyone. Not a fan of Kuiu merino boxers (can't beat FL) or their socks (Darn tough).

The Kuiu gaiters are by far the best on the market, and my attack pants are the best hunting pants I've ever owned. First Lite definitely has better merino products.

I have used KUIU for 5 years. I've loved it. Kuiu has figured out I loved it. Kuiu is good at marketing. Especially to me. My wife says I have enough Kuiu to fund our kids' college. She might be right.

I like their attach pants, pro pants, and axis for colder weather.

I use their synthetic base layers with a vest as I walk in when its 15 degrees. When I get to my first glassing point, I swap base layers, hang the worn piece to dry, and layer up. By the time I'm stopped at another glassing point, I can swap back because the first base layer has dried.

There Super Down Ultra jacket and pants are plenty warm for me. I use their axis and guide jackets. Some of my other stuff is great but has been discontinued.

I use their Pelaton 200 and 240 on early mornings hunting antelope and as mid layers later in the season.

I love my KUIU pack.

The only Kuiu product I don't think is great...I've not been a fan of their gloves.

I am an athletic fit 5' 10", my wife is 5' 4" and "medium" post-children build. We use KUIU exclusively. I own most of their products from merino to synthetic base layers, pants, puffies (Both synthetic and down) and all of the various jackets, and under layers.

Best of the best. Tiberon pants for hot hunts/daily wear in the summer and very early fall. Attack pants for the mid fall. Guide/Axis pants for the late fall. With the addition of the "S"-short option my wife fits in their pants and the shirts she has to size up one size for her lady-ness.

Rain gear. Chugach works. I have laid prone in puddles/mud and stayed dry.

Outer jacket - I layer base/mid/outer in really cold and never got a chill. If you follow their recommendations, you will be happy. Read the reviews. Lots of fluff, but you will find legitamate reviews mixed in on their website. Most people will give their measurements and what size they wear and the fitment for them.

Puffies - the revamped synthetic line will work and should be good for any weather and is cheaper than the Pro or Ultra Down. We own the synthetic and Pro. She likes the Pro since she runs cold, I use the synthetic.

Underlayers, we stick with the peleton line and use Pro merino for midlayers and "above boot" yoga style underpants/leggings/meggings...

I have not had any issues except one merino 145 shirt that I wore out after three years. It was replaced free of charge. They do stand beind their lifetime guarantee. I have never worn out a peleton 97 or 118 long sleeve shirt yet.

Merino/Axis beanies just work.

The true hidden gem with KUIU is the tiburon shorts. Look into them, they are amazing and breath better than anything else out there. My wife says it's like wearing a mini-skirt made fom a doily in the summer (breathes really well). I don't mind the cooling breezes either during the dog days of summer.

This company was designed based on an athletic build (5'10" 175 pounds). Their clothing fits accordingly. The best part is when you buy an item, they send you the return label with your purchase and have a very simple return/exchange policy. If you have any questions about any other gear form KUIU, please just PM.

Last edited:
I used KUIU gaiters for 3 seasons. Not sure why or what but they just are not waterproof any more. Heck they aren't even water resistant. I liked them too.

Switched to the new Stone Glacier and so far so good. Really well built.

Kuiu was the first to put out some really lightweight rain gear. I've had a set for like 6-7 years. It doesn't see a ton of use, but it's held up very well, and has provided me a ton of value for it's price.

I used Kuiu for one elk hunt & gave it all to my son...it all fit about a size too small for me. A mix & match FL/Sitka montage suits me.

I have a couple pairs of attack pants, the guide jacket, the zip-off thermals, and a hoody. Love them all. Never have used other name brand hunting apparel so I have nothing to compare to.

I really like the Attack pants and have several pair. Same goes for their Peleton tops.
I absolutely love my Kuiu Pro 3200 and 6000 packs.
My baselayers are Black Ovis as they hold up well, are comfortable, and more reasonably priced.

Looking for a durable lightweight hooded synthetic shirt and was thinking juju (thanks iPhone I give up after 3 tries) peloton 97 or 200. I can’t really tell the difference between these two... Or should I consider something else from Fl or Sitka

Something that could be worn alone when 65 degrees and sunny then layered when the sun goes down.

No merino, not tough enough for what I have in mind.

Man this thread has me wanting to try the Attack pants. Question for you guys how loud are they? I love my FL obsidian pants but the corrugate guide pants were way to loud for me.

Man this thread has me wanting to try the Attack pants. Question for you guys how loud are they? I love my FL obsidian pants but the corrugate guide pants were way to loud for me.
No noise issue with them that I've experienced.

I have had the guide jacket and pants for about 5 years now. I had to think hard on spending that kind of change on those items. But today I can say it was some of the best money I ever spent on hunting junk. It's great gear and I would definitely buy it again if need be. I've been in some nasty stuff with it and it's been bomb proof and served me very well. They produce s one of the best gear out there IMO.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back