Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Thought she was a goner.

Whiskers

My buddy called and wanted to go check our stands. Morning started out with us catching a litterer, and notifying Barnegat PD. We didn't get the plate number, he left the tailgate down while speeding away. But a good description was turned in.

Had my 18 year old dog Kahlua with us. We walked slow and she kept up. Then she started hacking up flem, and panting real hard. We got halfway back to the truck, and her back legs seemed to give out, and she sat in the mud. She kept panting real hard, and wouldn't move. I walked to a nearby stream, she stayed put. That never happens, she wouldn't touch the water. After about 10-15 minutes I made her stand, and she completed the trip to the truck, turned the air on, put her on the front seat, and brought her home. She seems to be doing alot better, but I thought for sure I was going to wind up burying her there in the woods.

What a rough day. I have a yellow lab, and i was gone the day he had real bad ceasures (he had never had one before) and an extremely high temp. He kept blacking out and laid around. Gladly good ole' Max is doing alright now. I feel for ya there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back