This one should make you guys laugh!

JASON LEE

The exotic hunt is the last weekend of april...easter is that weekend and my wifes birthday is that weekend.

I talked to melissa in January about the hunt and said that I was going and it was dropped.

So I am going but I dont want it to be an all out argument....to remind her that I am going. She has said a few things that make me think that she doenst think I am going.

So I am having a huge suprise birthday party the weekend before out our house and going to buy her a tread mill that she has been wanting...kinda a gift for both of us...she gets what she wants and I get a leaner wife:D...did you guys think I was going to use it?

So in the next week I need to "firm" up my plans with her.....how do you guys think you break this to your wife that you have been married to for 8 months?

what ya think?

Jason "my wife hits me" Lee:D

Jason You got to get them(your wifes) started early.... If you play the PW game to long it could back fire on you.. Here are some 10 easy steps to help you get her trained.

1) Offer to do he dishes all the time.just toss them in the dishwasher and dont rince them off before hand. It works best with green beans and ketchup. Then when you want to go ona hunting trip tell her you have to becaused your the one that was assign to do the dishes.

2).Offer to do the laundry also. Make sure you toss in whites with colors and use hotwater.

3). By a gun and leave it under the bed. When she finds it , tell her it was for her so you can start hunting together.

4). Spend every wakeing minute with her. Go every where with her , after about 3 months of this she will want piece and quiet.

Anyone have any more to add?

Delw

I just don't know how you guys get yourselfs into these messes. Good Luck breaking the news Jason. I for one do not envy you. Good luck on the hunt.

JL,
Well first off if her birthday is the last weekend in April your safe ;) Cause the hunt is the last weekend in March which is Easter weekend :D

And the surprise birthday party is a good idea, as it sounds like she forgot you were going on the hunt, or just doesn't want you to go

And you better be sure she wants a tread mill so she doesn't get pissed at you for that :eek:
Then if I were you I would go buy her some really nice for her birthday, but something that's for her only and don't buy her any hunting stuff :rolleyes:

Good Luck with the Hunt and Melissa ;)

You guys are good at getting into messes, how do you do it...LOL....

jason, the surprise b-day party is a great idea....that will take care of the week of the hunt. ;)

one thing though..:eek:..DO NOT BUY HER A TREAD-MILL FOR HER BIRTHDAY!!!!!...:eek:

:rolleyes: what a rookie mistake! :rolleyes:

good god man, are you crazy or just plain stupid!.....if you are gonna buy her a treadmill(which i do not recomend at any time)do not buy her that for her birthday.

with touchy subjects such as weight,you want to tell her stuff like"honey,have you lost weight?"..or "damn girl,you been exerciseing...you are looking goooood!"...thats it,nothing else!
now, how to bring up the upcoming hunt.....hmmmmm,hmmmm

take her out for the day.....take her places she likes to go...act like your having fun ..your probably gonna end up shopping ...at some point in the day while your shopping grab something very cheap and throw it in the cart...say your gonna need it on the hunt(make sure its something real cheap like a camo t-shirt or a flash light...you get the pic)......do this only after you have spent countless hours of doing things she loves to do.....she will be trying to buy shit for your hunt if this is handled correctly.......

hope this helps......JB

Jason,
Instead of the treadmill, I think a push lawn mower would be more practical. This way you take care of the fitness routine while she is pushing the lawn mower and you also get the grass cut at the same time. No self propelled deally though, no way. It is a win win present for her ;) You could even tell her she can wear that cheap camo t-shirt that JB has you getting while she is mowing the lawn.

19+ years for me.. I know all the tricks of the trade.. ANother thing is dont let her have more than one feeling perday.. Mulitple feelings could lead to disaster....If not no hunting. so the day you leave mess up twice. she will more than likly forget about the hunt and give you her feeling on the first feeling iggue she has with you.... its a win win situation

Delw

I still haven't confirmed with my wife that she understands that I will be gone Easter weekend. We talked about it so long ago and I know she didn't realize back in October or November that this was Easter. Now she can't complain too much since I was thoughtful enough to clear it with her so far in advance.

Giving her such long advance notice works when it is a "variable" holiday...don't try it with her birthday, your anniversary or Valentine's Day....

Jason, The hunt is the last weekend of March, so you're ok. Otherwise, ask for the romantic weekend rate at a riverwalk hotel and bring her? Probably, Delw has the best advice, he's been married 17+ years. Especially, if all 17 years were with the same wife, then definitely listen to him. :D

Well, I told her, shes mad at me and wont talk to me and it is the same time as her birthday....both are over the 31st of march....luckly I blamed it on indyJ...so that should make it better:D

Well.............I got Delw beat by a few years.....so I guess I better way in. I have been married to the same great lady for 20 years this year.

.........so here's what you do Jason............DENY IT!.........that's always the first course of action.....deny you even knew when the dates were until the last minute.........that is generally followed by sweet talking...........then a real large amount of sucking up.........then come the honey-do's, lots and lots of them.......and if some where along the way you can throw in some reverse psychology........telling her how you really don't want to go anyway, how it would be no fun, and you would much rather stay with her, and you hate like hell you committed to the guys...........she will practically be begging you to go! Honest.............follow this simple 5 step plan and your in the clear Jason! :D
DS

Arrange to have her catch you at home with a prostitute a couple days before the hunt. She'll be so pissed off about that, she won't even know you are gone. :D

Jason, Check this out with Oscar. He seems to pull the same trick every year during Elk season. I think he made it three years in a row without catching stuff for it. I'm not so sure he was that lucky this last year.

See what the boss did. Might help.. :cool:

I am babysitting this weekend so my wife can go to her annual "Possum Trot" clogging convention (a Southern American version of Irish step-dancing) and then again on the 23rd so she can go to her college sorority reunion. You can look at this as either the price I am paying to go on the hunt or as simply one of those compromises you make when you're married. ;) In any case, it's worked. This is a good ploy you can use in a few years, Jason, when you have kids.

She's not talking, that's bad. Get her a new vase, put it in the house, one of those crystal ones, its romantic. Then, have some flowers delivered to her on the day before her birthday for the vase. Women like flowers and its getting to be spring time and the vase will make her wonder what you're up to. You just have to celebrate her birthday bigtime another weekend, darn Indy Jay.

Well it seems that after 20 of our friends for a surprise party and a small pair of 1/2 crt Diamond ear rings I am still the greatest husband on the earth...she even saw me showing the new 300 rum to a friends last night and knew that it wasnt like any of my other rifles...and she didnt care....life is good:D:D:D:D:D:D

Jason ,,,after over 20 years of marriage I can tell you one thing. That was yesterday. Today is another day. Things can change at the drop of a hat. I have went from the world's greatest hubby to the lowest,vilest and worthless ;) man on the planet in a millisecond.( Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut)

So tread lightly still . ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back