Caribou Gear

This old '06

Dang. The 166 Hammer in the .06 with a 26 inch barrel is nasty. mtmuley

To be honest, the 150gr federal powershoks are giving me great accuracy and kill just as good as anything else. They are cheap and I dont need to waste time reloading. It's a win,win.

To be honest, the 150gr federal powershoks are giving me great accuracy and kill just as good as anything else. They are cheap and I dont need to waste time reloading. It's a win,win.
Understood. But, handloading isn't what I would describe as a "waste of time". mtmuley

Understood. But, handloading isn't what I would describe as a "waste of time". mtmuley

Maybe to some. If I had a caliber that ammo was expensive, then maybe. And I don't shoot enough for it to be financially beneficial. Thus I choose to not reload. It would be a waste of my time, I am not saying that all reloading is a waste of time. But that's why I choose the calibers I do for hunting. If they work and the ammo is cheap, it's a caliber that I like.

Got one of those surplus sale guns in 1963 for 30 dollars. Dad picked them from a counter. All where new in pieces wrapped in paper. We got 2 Match grades with noise reducers on barrels and Monte Carlo stocks. Shot 110gr Serra Hollow point hand loads out of them. Still have mine with Redfield scope on it.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Larkin
Back