Thinking about Busnell optics? DON'T

I lost a turret cap when I shot my mule deer last season. Had to take it off to adjust elevation and never screwed it back on due to adrenaline. Obviously can’t find a turret cap for sale. I called Vortex up and asked to purchase one. Not only did I get a turret cap for free but they also threw in a sticker and a hat.
Vortex is awesome like that.

Coin toss, 40 minutes of elevator music and bitch on-line.....or.....15 second internet search.
Forty minutes elevator music on the phone was trying to find out what happened to my scope after I sent it in. I never thought I misunderstood the messed up instructions included in the box when attempting to bore sight the scope. So why would I Google more instructions on line? Reticle looked good. It just didn't move when I turned the dials. Logical conclusion is the scope is broke. That's usually the explanation when reticle doesn't move.

FINALLY was able to jump around the ghosting this afternoon by pretending to call in an order. THEN I was able to talk to someone, a nice sales rep who tracked down a customer service supervisor. The scope is on its way back to me. Appears to be operator error. The scope came with an instructions sheet for their somewhat unique (to me anyway) turret design. But the instructions are black font on a very dark grey background (what kind of idiot commercial artist dreamed up that dopey color scheme?). I struggled to read the print with my old eyes and new glasses that had wrong prescription. Apparently, during my struggles I misread the instructions. For some unknown reason the turret knobs on Elite scopes are designed to be pulled up after every adjustment so dial can be reset to zero. Why? I dunno. This is a 1-4x scope. Not like I will be readjusting elevation for thousand yard shots. Just some "innovation" that can go wrong. Fixing something that's not broken. Anyway, looks like I misunderstood the instructions and was trying to pull the knobs up to adjust reticle and only spinning the wheels.

Forty minutes elevator music on the phone was trying to find out what happened to my scope after I sent it in. I never thought I misunderstood the messed up instructions included in the box when attempting to bore sight the scope. So why would I Google more instructions on line? Reticle looked good. It just didn't move when I turned the dials. Logical conclusion is the scope is broke. That's usually the explanation when reticle doesn't move.
JFC, if you can't connect the dots on this one......

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back