Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Thinking about Busnell optics? DON'T

OntarioHunter

Bushnell has a "lifetime warrantee" ... with NO customer support. I sent in my brand new scope with frozen reticle. Almost a month and no acknowledgement it's been received, no response to numerous emails. Phone calls go to options that either hang up automatically or endless elevator music (40+ minutes) with no one ever picking up. Apparently I have just lost my scope to Bushnell twilight zone. This is NOT customer service! Ghosted.

Should’ve gone Vortex if you want top tier customer service on a cheap scope.
I lost a turret cap when I shot my mule deer last season. Had to take it off to adjust elevation and never screwed it back on due to adrenaline. Obviously can’t find a turret cap for sale. I called Vortex up and asked to purchase one. Not only did I get a turret cap for free but they also threw in a sticker and a hat.

FINALLY was able to jump around the ghosting this afternoon by pretending to call in an order. THEN I was able to talk to someone, a nice sales rep who tracked down a customer service supervisor. The scope is on its way back to me. Appears to be operator error. The scope came with an instructions sheet for their somewhat unique (to me anyway) turret design. But the instructions are black font on a very dark grey background (what kind of idiot commercial artist dreamed up that dopey color scheme?). I struggled to read the print with my old eyes and new glasses that had wrong prescription. Apparently, during my struggles I misread the instructions. For some unknown reason the turret knobs on Elite scopes are designed to be pulled up after every adjustment so dial can be reset to zero. Why? I dunno. This is a 1-4x scope. Not like I will be readjusting elevation for thousand yard shots. Just some "innovation" that can go wrong. Fixing something that's not broken. Anyway, looks like I misunderstood the instructions and was trying to pull the knobs up to adjust reticle and only spinning the wheels.

So can we think about Bushnell or is it still a..... NO??? lol 😆 😂
Well, if you want to buy a scope with something less than questionable support, be my guest. Guess that point was not made clear enough for you.

The only Bushnell I have is on my .22. It's still kicking after 15 or so years. About 10 years ago I left it outside and moisture got in so I unscrewed the ocular lens and let it dry out. Reinstalled it but I now have a slight blur at certain yardages. 🙃 Bushnell is not a brand I would buy for its warranty.

Vortex has great customer service and replacement warranty. They are very experienced at replacing everything they sell.
No argument from me, that’s definitely true based on what you read on the internet but you’ll find just as many complaints with Leupold (or any other company that deals in the higher volume, lower priced optics) if you look.

The OP brags about how cheap he is so obviously wasn’t looking for a top tier optic (like the sweet one you have listed for sale). If you’re going cheap you might as well go with a company that at least you know will take care of it.

No argument from me, that’s definitely true based on what you read on the internet but you’ll find just as many complaints with Leupold (or any other company that deals in the higher volume, lower priced optics) if you look.

The OP brags about how cheap he is so obviously wasn’t looking for a top tier optic (like the sweet one you have listed for sale). If you’re going cheap you might as well go with a company that at least you know will take care of it.
To be absolutely honest, I'm selling the Swarovski so I can afford to buy a couple of Leupold scopes. My hunting style and funky eyesight don't justify a Swarovski. It sure is a beautiful scope though!

LRHS/LRTS/DMR are some of the more reliable scopes out there period, though not what most are using as a hunting scope, and not particularly inexpensive.
I tend to agree with this. I have LRHS, DMR2, DMR3 and XRS that have been put through the paces spinning turrets and they haven't let me down. I've shot next to guys using NF, ZCO, Kahles and S&B and I don't feel their scopes gave them significant advantage over me.

When buying lower tier scopes from any manufacturer one must assume they are not the cream of the crop. Reading the owners manual and understanding how to properly operate the scope isn't a bad idea either.

I think at times we are a little much with our expectations with customer service on a sub 300 dollar optic.

If you took a half hour of one employees time in the call - bushnell probably doesnt have any profit margin left.

I have been taken care of by Maven, Vortex, and any brand except "cabelas" brand which i won't purchase again after the degradation that has happened since bass pro.

I tend to agree with this. I have LRHS, DMR2, DMR3 and XRS that have been put through the paces spinning turrets and they haven't let me down. I've shot next to guys using NF, ZCO, Kahles and S&B and I don't feel their scopes gave them significant advantage over me.

When buying lower tier scopes from any manufacturer one must assume they are not the cream of the crop. Reading the owners manual and understanding how to properly operate the scope isn't a bad idea either.
Right. Here's the graphics for instructions.
17108629177316849223102852911990.jpg
Now, let's look at them step by step.
17108630263623267182094917355950.jpg
Okay. Pull up, spin to "0" push down, and make increment adjustment per group on target at 100 yards. Fine. But then move on to last step.
17108631676976043892789659776293.jpg
Huh? Now the final image "ready to make any adjustment" clearly shows the dial pulled OUT relative to first image. Which is it, locked down or pulled out? It looks like they have the images switched. There's a whole lot of empty space on this page with tiny black font on a dark background. They could have at least used a larger font. Plenty of room for bigger text. Very poor graphics layout.

Last edited:
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back