Thing that go bump in the night

Beautiful wife n me were driving down the Alcan n stopped in a pullout north of Whitehorse for the night. Just as the sun was coming up we were sure that we were getting another earthquake. They happen in our neck so that was our first thought. Turned out to be a horse rubbing itself on the car. Couldn't sleep in much because there bells were always clanging. But horses are cool so all good.
Had a grizzly circle our tent one night while we were camping at Lake Louis. The ice was just receding so early spring. He never approached just circled around snapping his jaws n huffing. We were the only ones there and he left us alone but made sleeping a bit shaky, probably had to have a slug of whiskey to settle down.
My buddy Eric n me were having morning coffee n waking up. All of a sudden there's a shreak outside the cabin that literally made me jump it was sooooo startling. We grabbed our rifles but never saw anything. Buddy says wolf me , I ain't sure.
Hey all the great things that being out enjoying our public lands brings

While backpacking in The Mt Zirkel Wilderness in the 70’s my buddy woke me because something was out there. After discussion we decided it was too small to worry about and went back to sleep. In the morning we found my friends hiking boots with both toes gnawed out of them. We assumed a porcupine did it and to his credit we did another 20 miles with his toes hanging out.

Camping on a lake when I was younger with friends. Girls in one tent insisted something was right outside there tent, and big. Upon investigation, we found our it was a toad rubbing against the tent fabric. Back to sleep and about an hour later we hear something crashing through the woods and then a loud splash into the lake. To this day I think it was a black bear running through the woods and then doing a cannon ball into the lake

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back