MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

They think the dog went off a canyon!

Idaho Ron

A friend of mine called to say they think his dog plunged off into a canyon! The dog was chasing a bunch of chukars and two dogs left one came back. They are not sure where the dog went off. They have been looking for a week now and they have used bino's and spotting scopes to look. The wall is vertical and about 200 foot deep. They have yet to find the body. I told him not to give up yet. The dog might not have ran off the edge. Any event it does not look good for this young lab. Ron

There was a local guy hunting birds and his dog ran off. 2 weeks later he found it ( i believe he said 2 weeks)

The guy put a blanket and a bowl of water to the spot the truck was parked in. and a jacket from the owner layed there as well.

Delw

Thats a heartbreaker. On the bright side, from the dog's point of view, there would be no better way to go.

The search has been called off. They never found the body or sign of the dog. The owner has given up the hope of finding the dog. They had a lot of people looking and NOTHING turned up. I think the dog was stuck down in the canyon and coulden't get out. I have seen my dogs drop off a ledge and can't get back up. He said that if the dog was stuck like that it would have barked. I don't know, it just don't sound right. he is getting a new pup soon. Ron

That really blows Ron!! Which canyon Bruneau, Jarbidge, or the Owyhee? I know my old lady and I were have been out there with the dogs and she really was nervous with the dogs trying to get too close to the edge. We had some hounds in that country after lions and they got around as well as the cats it seemed. Really is too bad about the dog!!

No one has seen the dog. Since then they have learned a few things. Two dogs chased the birds to the edge and one came back. Since that time, the dog that came back has been seen running into other dogs,,, like running into them with his shoulder. The thought is that pup was just horseing around and shouldered the other dog at the edge. I have been asked to go hunting with that man and his dog. I have declined because i don't want my dog around the pup if that happened again. I think he should hunt the dog by him self for the rest of this year. That way he can focus on what the dog is doing and the dog can focus on hunting. Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back