Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

There is no hunt. It's SLAUGHTER!

Setting aside whether this is the right way to manage/cull, I did find "interesting" the use of warm fuzzy anthropomorphic language - "family", "matriarchal", etc. The Disneyification of animals continues. (Stupid Brother Bear)

Wow, that article seemed very well balanced. What a joke. The sacred bison .😂

I follow a Nez perce guy on Instagram who took a few bison with his compound bow in Gardiner today

The term "harvest" really needs to be used instead of "hunt". Animals need to be "harvested" to keep numbers within management objectives.

1 thing I thought was interesting was that they weren't supposed leave any carcasses less than 200yrd from the road and that was not being followed by the shooters, t
200 yards is maybe a suggestion? 🤷‍♂️ :confused:

1679508966170.jpeg

I would like to see some numbers of elk that have been killed. Also asked the Warden if Wyoming does this on their side and he didn't know but it seemed like this was the only area they were shooting them. I believe the Wardens would be citing if there was Trespassing or violations like shooting from the road, that type of stuff.

The more bison the tribal hunters kill the better. I’m a bit worried about the elk, considering they’ve killed hundreds of them this year too.
There’s plenty of Bison and it’s been a few years since they’ve been out of the park in the numbers needed to give the tribes a good hunt.

Imagine writing a letter whining about Indians killing bison.
Natives complaining about Natives killing bison. Par for the course in today's world.

I can tell you that my daughter's hunt in West Yellowstone this year was nothing like the slaughter in Gardiner. While I can't say the animals themselves were super spooky, the hunt itself was vary enjoyable and logistically challenging. Should I be lucky enought to ever draw that tag my self I will look forward to the adventure. Will probably leave the Gardiner zoo to the rest of you!

Last edited:
Yes it is a highly regulated hunt and the sportsman that spend years applying and waiting for a chance at free range bison are not the real problem. Neither the federal government or the animal rights activists will admit that. Even if they stop the hunt they will only stop the 25-50 limited draw law abiding sportsmen and women from participating. The problem will still be exactly the same and the thousand plus tribal members will still be out there because they can't change that treaty. The only thing that can help is for the tribes to ask their members to be more respectful of the game and the hunt like it was traditionally meant to be. I'm a firm believer that they should be allowed to hunt those bison as part of their heritage but just have a little more respect. What can be helped is for law enforcement and the state to be more proactive in protecting the hunters from the assault and harassment from the non hunting community. That's my rant right or wrong call it how I see it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back