Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Theodore Roosevelt From Smith's Perspective

Sytes

Writer Michael Patrick F. Smith​

Lessons in Self-Invention and Reinvention from Theodore Roosevelt​

after losing his mother to typhoid fever and his wife to kidney failure on the same day that his first daughter was born—marked an X in his journal and wrote, “The light has gone out of my life.”

he’d killed his first buffalo, dancing around the felled beast “like an Indian war‑chief, whooping and shrieking” in excitement at his victory. As he would later recall, “It was here that the romance of my life began.”

Great writing. It always makes me wonder when people spend time with TR still call him Teddy since he really did not like being called that.

It always makes me wonder when people spend time with TR still call him Teddy...
Amazing the "Teddy Bear" originated from Theodore as well. Helped push the themed name.
In fact it was in honor of T.R. and he supposedly approved of the name use, per NPS.

"After receiving Roosevelt's permission to use his name, Michtom mass produced the toy bears which were so popular that he soon founded the Ideal Toy Company. To this day the Teddy Bear has worldwide popularity and its origin can be traced back to Theodore's fateful hunting trip in 1902."

A visit to Medora, ND and both the north and south units of the Teddy Roosevelt National Park is well worth the trip. You will see some amazing country which helped shape TDR's attitude about wildlife and wild places, plus you will gain a new perspective on the man, his adventures, and his accomplishments.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back