Sitka Pre Season Savings

The Young Adults That Live at My House ?

Steiny

I've got a daughter home for the summer from college, and a boy that just graduated High School last week. Both of them are in the process of getting employed, but neither is fully contributing to society yet, nor are they much help around the house. They stay up all night, eat like horses, clutter up the house with their clothing and junk, etc, etc.

Anyway ..... this is nothing new to those of you who have already gone through this. Older friends tell me, we'll miss them when they are gone, but I'm ready for them to be peel out for awhile so I can see for myself.

Will they ever go away, and get out of my pocket?

|oo

I've got a daughter home for the summer from college, and a boy that just graduated High School last week. Both of them are in the process of getting employed, but neither is fully contributing to society yet, nor are they much help around the house. They stay up all night, eat like horses, clutter up the house with their clothing and junk, etc, etc.

Anyway ..... this is nothing new to those of you who have already gone through this. Older friends tell me, we'll miss them when they are gone, but I'm ready for them to be peel out for awhile so I can see for myself.

Will they ever go away, and get out of my pocket?

|oo

Sorry....but no, however, they do eventually become more civilized.:cool:

You could leave subtle hints like packing boxes piled in front of their bedrooms and maps set at the table as place mats with all the nearest exits out of town high lighted

Steiny, I have four kids. Ages 28,24,22, and 19. Right now my 28 and 19 are at home. My 28 is a 2001 Carngie Mellon school of computer science gradutate with high honors in two majors. He worked one year for Lockheed Martin in DC and didn't like it and quit. Last year he made zip. I thought I'd throw that in for Moosie's side of the higher learing argument.

Anyway you and your friends are right. A few years ago all the kids were out for about a month. The first few weeks were great. But you can only do so much of that at my age.:D By the last week I was sitting there watching TV and I looked over at my wife. She was reading a book and I thought,is this what it going to be like?

That's why my friends and relatives are more conerned with my oldest still being at home than me. I figure he'll leave someday and we will end up being the pests wanting to come over for a vist.

My son is now 28 and my daughter is 32. Brian wasn't bad growing up, but Amber was just like her mother. I told her frequently that someday she'll have kids and I hope they are just like her. Well, she does. Now she realizes. She's apologized to me about 4 time in the last 5 years.

Eventually they grow up and leave. It just takes some longer than it takes others.

:cool:

I have one brother in law whose daughter moved back home after graduating from "collage" a couple of years back. Once home it was, as Steiny noted, clutter, crap, and confusion. She finally moved out on her own this past December and they love being empty nesters....now daughter #2 will be graduating this June and they are fractically turing her room into an office....hint, hint! ;)

28 is a 2001 Carngie Mellon school of computer science gradutate with high honors in two majors. He worked one year for Lockheed Martin in DC and didn't like it and quit. Last year he made zip. I thought I'd throw that in for Moosie's side of the higher learing argument.

:D

We have one graduating in 9 days, 21 hrs, 11 min. She really has been pushing the envelope of late! Mom has already laid down the law. 9 days 21 hrs and 12 mins from now, "You're on your own" !

I know it was a while ago, but I left home on my own at 17, and never turned back. May not be a millionare, but I'm not a mooch either!

I have a guy I work with that has five kids, the youngest being 24 and the oldest is 35. I figure he spends $3,000-$5,000/month on his kids. Although none live at home they all call for every "emergency" they have. I think it gets to a point when you are enabling your kids. I knew when I left home, that was it. Same goes for my wife. She left on her 18th birthday even though she had 6 months of High School left. She'll graduate next week with her Masters in Epidemiology and Bio-statistics. No help from Mom and Dad other than what they taught her growing up (which is everything, in my book). I think most kids have it too easy these days.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madicks2
Back