Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

The worst thing you can do as a husband...

This is great. Reminds me 42 years ago. 1st year of marriage and my wife is 2 weeks past due date. It's opening day for deer 25th Nov. I'm in full camo and heading out the door. I hear, it's time ! I'm not saying what I said but she won that one. 16 hours later Jnathan was born 10.4 pds. Best opener ever.

Last edited:
My wife values honesty and she means it. When she asks if an outfit looks good, she expects the truth and will thank me if I tell her that a particular outfit isn't flattering. When she told me that she didn't want flowers for Valentines day while we were dating, she got mad when I bought some anyway. All was well.

Until she asked if I would ever marry again if she died. Turns out she wanted to be lied to about that one . . .

Y
Not my first post….been a member since 2006. got logged out, couldn’t remember what email it was associated with, blah, blah.. The Moosie days were grand, the cheese, IDbugler, Buzz was fun and Greenhorn, was well still epic Greenhorn as still and Millers photos are still fabulous…. THEN…. MY

HuNtTALK MaN aCCOUnt gOt DELeteD.

Then all these other cheeeeeses showed up…
YES!!!!!!

Tell her the meal she just cooked is "eatable" Definition "fit to be consumed as food"
It's all good now!

My wife values honesty and she means it. When she asks if an outfit looks good, she expects the truth and will thank me if I tell her that a particular outfit isn't flattering. When she told me that she didn't want flowers for Valentines day while we were dating, she got mad when I bought some anyway. All was well.

Until she asked if I would ever marry again if she died. Turns out she wanted to be lied to about that one . . .
My wife asked me that once and I used a reply my grandfather said to my grandmother…”well you wouldn’t want me to sit alone at the funeral would ya?” Didn’t go as well for me as it did for him.

My wife asked me that once and I used a reply my grandfather said to my grandmother…”well you wouldn’t want me to sit alone at the funeral would ya?” Didn’t go as well for me as it did for him.
Probably no better than, "Well, I'd probably need help with the kids, especially our girls, as they grow. And, you know, I'd probably get lonely eventually too. I'm kind of needy..."

Man you had so many missed opportunities with this one. You should of at least asked her why she got lost.
My wife has pretty thick skin and actually this odd unfortunate event has flipped into something that we have joked about quite a few times since. I suppose that's the great thing about being married and still in love after a decade of marriage. Bad situations quickly turn into ones that you just laugh about afterwards.

On our first date, I took my now wife to a dive bar that I knew I could get into as I was only 20. I thought she was older and wanted to impress her. Well, some drunk sucker punched a friend, a fight ensued, and police were called. When we left the bar, I told her that if she didn't want to see me anymore I understand. She called me a day or two later and I asked what was wrong that she would still want to be with me. I.e. what is wrong with you. That was even less smart but she is a good sport. Turns out, she is younger than me and we still talk about it.

1985 - Just a few months before the wedding. She paid my rent because I was short on it.

It did not go well when she found out I was short because I had bought an Idaho NR License, elk/deer combo tag, and a new M77 in .30-06.

This still comes up from time to time.

Last edited:
Back