Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

The weather is coming...the weather is coming!

Horn Seeker

I really struggle hunting elk in the warm, dry weather... I still like being out, but without the cold keeping them moving and the lack of snow to follow sign easily...well, I just suck at it without those variables!

But alas... it looks like we'll get some weather in Montana starting Thursday! Thank you Thank you!!

FIELDS HAVE CHANGED A BIT WITH LATEST RUNS...AS SYSTEM CONTINUES TO TAKE SHAPE...NOW SUGGESTING 18 TO 24 INCHES OF NEW SNOW IN THE HIGH
COUNTRY...10 TO 15 INCHES IN THE FOOTHILLS...AND 6 TO 12 INCHES
ACROSS THE PLAINS.

Yippeeeee!

Beautiful... Can't wait, will be hitting it hard this weekend.

At least you only struggle to find elk when the weathers nice, I suck no matter the conditions, I just enjoy snow...

At least you only struggle to find elk when the weathers nice, I suck no matter the conditions, I just enjoy snow...

That is probably a more accurate description of my elk hunting ability as well... and yeah, just love the snow and cold!!

I live in Tucson Arizona, where it's perpetually 90-degrees plus. I am originally from Missouri. I really miss the changes in weather, and I'd give anything to live in a community with amazing Elk hunting, 4 seasons, and lots of acreage that I'd own.

Have a blast! Enjoy the suck!

we have plans to out thursday thru sunday, but with the kids so the weather might change our plans. Will wait until wed night to decide our final plan.

It almost sounds like most the weather will taper off by Sat morning...even by Friday afternoon across the western areas... so could make for a dam nice weekend of hunting!

I weasled my way out of work for Friday because of the weather, wish I could pull off Thursday as well. Looks like it will be chilly sleeping in the truck bed.

Last edited:
I got antsy and took off the rest of the week. All fired up and ready to go...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back