Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

The Trenches

she has too many friends who she has seen cheering on their husbands out being successful while hunting in the 4-8 week period after having a baby in the past couple of years.

for better or worse this is an area where the poison of social media is greatly working to my advantage ;)

There's only one place for solid advice in the hunting space.

I feel like TimandWren also is perhaps a genius...

she has too many friends who she has seen cheering on their husbands out being successful while hunting in the 4-8 week period after having a baby in the past couple of years.

for better or worse this is an area where the poison of social media is greatly working to my advantage ;)
As a man who has heard that exact same thing. Dude, please learn from my mistake find a way to get her some time first. Then go hunt.

Just get your lady spayed and your good to go
I know you're being funny, but for informational purposes . . .

My wife didn't have a C-section with any of our three kiddos so it's not like the compartment was opened for another reason. As such, the procedure for her would have been more invasive and less reversible. The vasectomy was literally 3 appointments (consultation, procedure, follow up), all less than a half hour probably, at a doctor's office not a hospital. Piece of cake. Even the sterilization verification testing was done via mail-in sample.

My wife didn't have a C-section with any of our three kiddos so it's not like the compartment was opened for another reason. As such, the procedure for her would have been more invasive and less reversible. The vasectomy was literally 3 appointments (consultation, procedure, follow up), all less than a half hour probably, at a doctor's office not a hospital. Piece of cake. Even the sterilization verification testing was done via mail-in sample.
Would have willingly gotten snipped myself. But all of our kids were c section so it just made sense to go thar route the time.

To all you young parents, hang in there and enjoy the little moments. It might be amnesia but man sometimes I miss it. Before you know it the kids are gone and you are old. 😆 We raised three boys. All in mid to late twenty’s now. Struggles at the start, struggles along the way but wouldn’t change a thing.

At about 3 to 4 months that little girl will start to develop a real personality and you're going to wonder how you ever got along without her in your life. everything you go through before that and everything you're going to go through after is well worth it.

I was being humorous but in all honesty my wife chose that route. Her exact words to the doctor were, "I never want to be pregnant again. Make that happen" So, 4 hrs after given birth to our son, they wheeled her in to have $800 plastic alligator clips installed on her tubes (I went through the invoice the hospital sent).

So here I am shooting live rounds into a the Great Chelan County Deer Desert...

Congrats on becoming a father. That’s the easy part. Becoming a dad takes work. I spent 31 days at the University of Kentucky hospital with my wife when our first daughter was born. The baby was fine but my wife had Preeclampsia and other complications. It was a hard time but one that strengthened our marriage and love for each other. One word of advice. The very best thing you can do for your child or children, is to love their mother more than anyone or anything in this world. The only thing you should love more than her is God. Put God first, your wife second, and then your children. Congrats again!

Congrats on becoming a father. That’s the easy part. Becoming a dad takes work. I spent 31 days at the University of Kentucky hospital with my wife when our first daughter was born. The baby was fine but my wife had Preeclampsia and other complications. It was a hard time but one that strengthened our marriage and love for each other. One word of advice. The very best thing you can do for your child or children, is to love their mother more than anyone or anything in this world. The only thing you should love more than her is God. Put God first, your wife second, and then your children. Congrats again!
That principle of the best thing for your kids being loving their mom is great advice, in my opinion. I see a lot of people have kids, put their whole attention on them, and neglect their relationship with their spouse. It feels like the right thing to do, but it's not. Take care of your marriage, and usually the kids thrive. They need to learn that the world doesn't revolve around them.

Modern parenting content makes parents feel like if they don't totally focus on their kids lives they are bad parents. We need a Matt Rinella in the parenting world......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dyaddof
Back