The toms are tight-lipped in KY

dgibson

In years past I've always heard gobbles all around, even if I couldn't get one to come in. :eek: This year, so far anyway, I haven't heard a single gobble! I've heard folks owl-calling, crows cawing, even the ever-popular trains rolling by...all gobble-worthy in the past, but not this year.

I did manage to bring in one tom yesterday, but he never made a single peep. The only warning I had of his approach was the sound of his feet scuffing the leaves as he approached from 4 o'clock. I'm a righty and had set up facing the opposite direction from his approach, so needless to say there's no turkey on my table yet. |oo

Maybe later this week will be a little more...um...noisy. ;)

Yep, I have had a few come in silent and bust me too Darrin. I hate that when that happens :MAD I am sure they will get vocal before your season ends though, if not......do what we Texicans do.... get em all liquored up :rolleyes: ....101 Wild Turkey works great! :D

Charlie :)

Hey, I wasn't unprepared! I was just pointing the wrong direction! ;)

Our season lasts until May 5. Whether MY season lasts that long depends on my work schedule. :rolleyes: I'm hoping to sneak back down Saturday...we're supposed to have some rain Friday so maybe that'll loosen them up a little bit. :D

Back