The Real Muddyboots

RealMuddyboots

So I just want everyone to know my profile and ID was scammed off LRH and unfortunately some of you folks were taken in by this POS and I am very offended by their actions. I doubt if I have any recourse but wanted everyone to know on Hunttalk it was not me and in fact I am changing my profile pic now since I get really ticked off seeing it and knowing it was used to screw somebody here. I have contacted Hunttalk and LRH to see what info I can get etc.

So be careful of who you plan to deal with and if it doesn't smell right probably not right. Look forward to spending time here now that it seems I was here "before".........

So I just want everyone to know my profile and ID was scammed off LRH and unfortunately some of you folks were taken in by this POS and I am very offended by their actions. I doubt if I have any recourse but wanted everyone to know on Hunttalk it was not me and in fact I am changing my profile pic now since I get really ticked off seeing it and knowing it was used to screw somebody here. I have contacted Hunttalk and LRH to see what info I can get etc.

So be careful of who you plan to deal with and if it doesn't smell right probably not right. Look forward to spending time here now that it seems I was here "before".........
Sorry that we had to delete your old account. The guy was a known forum troll who does this regularly.

It is events like this that make it important that everyone turn on their MFA feature (multi-factor authentication) to prevent hackers from taking over your accounts (not just your online forum accounts).

"@Big Fin - Sorry that we had to delete your old account. The guy was a known forum troll who does this regularly."

I never had an account on Hunttalk. This person just copied my profile and ID from LRH and joined on 9/21/21. This should be a heads up to everyone to be aware of where your profile is and be careful on how much info you provide. I use NordVPN and Norton 360 100% of time so doubt I was hacked off LRH.

Please feel free to send me email to discuss what name was actually used for the 9/21/21 account. If it was my name, I will evaluate next legal steps.

"@Big Fin - Sorry that we had to delete your old account. The guy was a known forum troll who does this regularly."

I never had an account on Hunttalk. This person just copied my profile and ID from LRH and joined on 9/21/21. This should be a heads up to everyone to be aware of where your profile is and be careful on how much info you provide. I use NordVPN and Norton 360 100% of time so doubt I was hacked off LRH.

Please feel free to send me email to discuss what name was actually used for the 9/21/21 account. If it was my name, I will evaluate next legal steps.
Email coming your way. That is a first of a hacker copying a profile from another forum.

Scammers are evolving. I'd like to know things are happening to take them down. Does law enforcement or the federal govt really do anything with these leads?

I will like to add:
Screen names are not just yours and can be innocently the same one on another forum or can be a scammed copy of your profile. Do not assume a screen name and their associated ratings makes it OK, do your due diligence every single time.

The problem with these types of hacks is the jurisdiction. The crime actually took place where the money was sent. Many times, local law enforcement departments will try and push the responsibility off to the are where the person sent the money from.

When I worked as a local LE I saw this all the time. Lazy detectives in California would even warn the victim that our Sheriff’s Office would try and push the case back to them. The fraud actually occurred where the money was sent and ultimately where it was cashed.

These suck because there is really not a lot of hope of getting any real resolution. I have seen it a few times but it took a ton of work from the victim to really push this along.

My brother works in computer network protection and got personal info hacked. He got pissed and spent a long time tracking the person. He handed everything over to the police and several months later actually got a restitution check for a court in MN. The caught the guy and it was a multi-million dollar scam.

Is there a somewhat efficient way to search for your username to see if this is happening?

The problem is your "user name" is not only yours. I have found several other Muddyboots out there on other sites. You would have to make something up so unique that no one else would dream of it. I would love to see a search engine that could do this though to just see what is out there!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back