Yeti GOBOX Collection

The new toy finally arrived.

Camdu7

My Montana Rifle Co. X2 came home on Friday. Left hand 270 wsm. First impressions is super high quality, fit and finish is top notch. Action is smooth and even feeds the short fat WSM very smooth from the mag. I gave it a good cleaning and mounted a VX-6 3-18x on it. I ended up getting the regular duplex put in the scope. I didn't care for the fine duplex that comes on the scope. Mounted the scope with luepy bases and med rings. Took it to the range on Sat and started to break in the barrel per MRC specs. Gun shot well, I was able to keep all of the 15 break in shots I fired in about a 1.5-2" circle using some BT's and starter loads. That's with cleaning in between each shot. I'm sure it will end up well under an inch once I get to developing a load for it. Really like it so far. Great option for a lefty with tons or choice in calibers for $200 more than a stainless x-bolt. 20160429_152043.jpg20160429_200732.jpg20160429_153215.jpg

Attachments

• 20160429_153215.jpg
    20160429_153215.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 534
Very nice!! I have a feeling that each of my boys with end up with a LH MRC rifle as a High School graduation gift.

Been thinking about getting one of those (RH) in 6mm Remington. Their product really looks like they do a fine job. I have handled several and they feel fantastic. I just need to shoot one. Let us know how it shoots !

How long did it take them to build it? I spoke to them earlier in the year about a lefty 300 win mag. Great looking gun!

It took about 20 weeks from ordering from the dealer to arriving at the dealer. Longer than expected, but well worth it. I had it out again today testing loads. I was able to shoot a couple of groups ranging from .5 to .75 inch with 130 BTs over 7828ssc. I have not weighed it. But guessing it is in the 7.5 lbs range for the bare empty gun. Im really thinking about selling my 2506 xbolt to finance another montana. Like it that much.

That's about right. My son ordered a proof Reaserch 300 win mag in February, he's calling on Monday.

Nice rifle!
Also some nice bucks in the background- all Minnesota critters? Spent 5 days hunting north of Duluth a couple years ago. Had fun, saw a wolf, but didn't get the snow we were hoping for to track a big MN buck down.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back