The lottery

gouch

Ever since the state started the lottery here back in the 80's I have been donating money to all the great projects it funds. Not much, never more than 5 to 10 bucks a week, usually less than 5. In hind sight I guess that money would have been better off in my 401K but what's the fun in that? Any way this week I got a $1 Megabucks and a $2 Win For Life. I took those tickets to the scanner at the grocery store this morning to check them hoping for that tiny little moment of joy when the machine says "congratulations you won $2.00" It's fun even if I did spend $3.00 to win $2.00. Well the Win For Life was the usual "sorry not a winner" but when I checked the Megabucks it took a minute for my brain to understand what my eyes were telling it. I had never seen anything like that in the display before. "congratulations you won $2,140. 21" I left the store immediately not telling anyone because at that store at 6:00 AM there tends to be people hanging around that are politely referred to as homeless but are called zombies by the less politicly correct of us. Fearing one or more of them may be semi coherent and feeling an urgent need of his medication of choice I didn't want to let it be known what that piece of paper in my wallet was worth.

Now I know the cynics out there are saying Yah, but you spent a lot more than that over the years and the pessimists are thinking I just used up all my good luck for the next 5 years but it sure feels good.

I feel a need for a new toy coming on and I guess I had better enter that sheep hunt contest just in case I’m in the middle of a hot streak.

I usually buy scratch off tickets on relatives Birthdays and pass them out to all
attending.Kinda fun for everyone to see who is a winner.Most $ won has been $4. 😎

Congrats! That is an awesome feeling! I know exactly what you are referring to. When I was 19 I bought a scratch ticket on my drive to my hometown from college and won $500, which just about equaled my net worth at the time. I experienced the same sensation of my brain not computing what my eyes were seeing as each new scratch revealed exactly what I needed next. It was surreal. Haven’t won squat since, but still remember that time vividly. Enjoy your winnings!

Congrats, but why dont you scratch off the scratch offs?

If I scratched off the scratch off's then who's loser face would I see but
my own.Plus they may buy winner scratch offs for me on my B-Day.
Instead all I got was an awesome new Smoker!! 😎

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back