"The Look" (Spouse/Partner/Etc)

Gunner46

We've all been there. That instant when you are innocently being 'You' in any given social situation/conversation and out of Nowhere you get "The Look" !

I'll toss one out just to get things started..... Nicie (Gf) and I were at our usual happy hour watering hole on Band night, a couple hours in. There were several friends, and friends of friends, all packed around our patio 3 table mess and one of the friend friends off handedly said something that just clicked my USMC brain set all which ways from Sunday. Nothing truely offensive, but still.....

Before my brain could even attempt to engage the gears to my mouth Nicie shot me That Cold Hard "Don't You Dare open yer pie hole" blazing stare!

I didn't.

Scares me to this day that she knew me that well and could immediately circumvent my behavior......

Lucky you got stopped. My mouth usually starts running before my brain even knew I was thinking it. No chance of catching it early most times lol. When I get the look it’s more of a “WTF, why would you say that?!” moment.

That or she’s in one of her rare arguments with someone and I’m getting “the look” that is my cue that I’m supposed to jump in and help now. This would be easier to do if she’d choose less intellectual things to argue over lol. She’s got a M.Ed, I barely got my B.S.

Happened right as the PH was taking this picture a couple weeks ago. He said something that made the warning bells go off and she spun on me, ”don’t even” was all she said. all I could do was laugh

Attachments

• B89E5078-06C2-4B48-B503-D03927541137.jpeg
    B89E5078-06C2-4B48-B503-D03927541137.jpeg
    6.5 MB · Views: 42
Funny I find myself giving that look to my wife. She has 0 filter and I have to be paying close attention at all times!
It's like this with my wife and I as well. Almost as if she has a knack for saying the wrong thing. In reality she is just super honest and sometimes doesn't get the whole just trying to be nice thing.
Last Christmas her cousins wife(hosting the party) asked her to let her know what she thought about her guacamole. My wife tried and without hesitation said I mean it's nothing great or something to that effect. The gals jaw dropped for a second and my wife started to back pedal I mean no its good just not amazing haha. She ended up crocheting a avocado to send her as a Christmas ornament after that.

It’s just a sign that you married up. I know that look well! Unfortunately I usually notice it after the fact….

I have a bad habit if not looking at peoples faces when I talk or listen(my ears focus on what's being said and I'm used to having to watch people's hands at work) so this and the fact that my wife is Italian I don't get a "look" I get a verbal shot across the bow. Something to the effect "are you really saying that out loud."

Funny thing, though my wife still can bring me to a sliding stop with “the look” (kinda know how my oldest Chessie felt with his shock collar on) she’s gone to something a little less obvious and now gives me “the squeeze!” We’re old fashioned and still hold hands a lot so anytime she thinks I’m about up to my max listening to someone’s shit…I get “the squeeze”. A communal let’s GTFO between us!

I have a really dry sense of humor and my wife can rarely stop it until it's too late.

Her "look" is usually replaced with an explanation and apology, "Sorry, you can just ignore him. If he says something that sounds rude, he's only kidding."

Of course I'm standing right next to her with a stupid Cheshire grin 😁. I find awkward conversations hilarious. haha

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back