Caribou Gear

The legend continues....

maineiac

There's a spot about a mile from my house here where a old power line runs up along the river.A spot we have always hunted is at pole #9.Perfect place to sit....little stream crosses 200 yds before it dumps into the river.Both sides of the stream are thick stands of jackfir and cedar.I shot a nice whitetail buck here in 2001....an my father and several cousins have shot some nice ones here going back to the late 1960's.

This year is the first fall I've been here in 5 yrs during deer season.Between workin construction and livin in Fla for 3 yrs.I've been out in the woods very little this fall....worked 3 weeks at a slaughterhouse the first part of deer season,and have been pickin fir tips to make wreaths with since then.Did manage to get out 2 times with my oldest son(he's 20)last week.The lack of deer sign discouraged me somethin awful.

About 2 weeks ago Nick came in from a hunt on a saturday an said he saw a track as long asa 3006 shell.He said I'm gonna get that buck.I laughed.To make a long story short....last friday mornin I got him up at 5am an went back to bed.At 8am he came bustin thru the door an said "Dad I got him".What a bruiser of a deer! 250 lbs dressed,10 big rugged points with a broken g2and huge hoofs all chipped an cracked on the edges.

Check it out on Nick Cote facebook.Thanx for lettin this proud Dad ramble.

Congratulations to your son. My dad was foreman on a crew that built a line through Maine during the war. He still tells of the deer eating buds off the trees cut the previous day while standing in belly deep snow, and all the cedars they cut and burned to clear right-of-way. Would be something were it the same line.

Congrats. I think this is the photo. Lots of Nick Cotes on Facebook.

nick cote.jpg

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back